Wot shall i say to Tachomaster?

Got an Infringement
Started at 16.53
started twice a Break and had to stop. One at 11 min and one at 9 min. (Doesnt count as Break)
Then at 22.50 i started a 53 minute Breake.
Infringement says i worked over 6 hour without Break. I said its 5 Hour 57 minute Work (other Work and driving)
Tachomaster say i have to start 30 min Break at 22.23 to have 30 minute done before 22.53
In that Case Tachomaster points out that the Break counts as Working Time :bulb:

Yep because for a break to count on tacho it must be 15mins long 1st 30mins 2nd

The 9 and 11 don’t count as working time either. Do a printout for that day and see what you did

Tachomaster have said this or your company have said it?
If the infringement says you’ve worked over 6 hours without a break then why are they quoting that you must start a break at 22:23? - that’s contradictory to their own infringement wording.
Sound like BS to me and someone at your company hasn’t got a clue.

A break of less than 15 or 30 min dosent count as a break with regard to driving time calculations however it would be deducted of the working time 6 hour rule so if you started at 6 am and had 10 min break at 7 30 your 6 hour is up at 12 10 pm

bjd:
A break of less than 15 or 30 min dosent count as a break with regard to driving time calculations however it would be deducted of the working time 6 hour rule so if you started at 6 am and had 10 min break at 7 30 your 6 hour is up at 12 10 pm

How can it. Doesn’t a break still have to be at least 15 mins to count for anything?

Seany:

bjd:

How can it. Doesn’t a break still have to be at least 15 mins to count for anything?

Nope a 1 minute break doesn’t obviously count as break but wouldn’t count as other work either, so the op would need to start a break no later then 23.13.

And to answer the original question tell the tachomaster he/she’s an ■■■.

Its the same as POA although i never use it ! but it dosent count as working time regardless of the length of rhe POA

Immigrant:
Got an Infringement
Started at 16.53
started twice a Break and had to stop. One at 11 min and one at 9 min. (Doesnt count as Break)
Then at 22.50 i started a 53 minute Breake.
Infringement says i worked over 6 hour without Break. I said its 5 Hour 57 minute Work (other Work and driving)
Tachomaster say i have to start 30 min Break at 22.23 to have 30 minute done before 22.53
In that Case Tachomaster points out that the Break counts as Working Time :bulb:

I doubt that has come from Tachomaster, it’s more likely to be from your TM or we’re not getting the full story.

A lot of companies use Tachomaster and if they were coming out with crap like that I reckon there’d be people on here complaining about it every day.

Firstly you need a 15 minute break for the 6 hour rule and it doesn’t have to be completed before 6 hours working time, a 15 minute break has to be started before going over 6 hours working time.

As far as the 11 and 9 minute breaks are concerned, they don’t count as breaks for driving or the WTD but they are still break and don’t count towards the working time, so legally if you started work at 16:53 and had breaks of 11 and 9 minutes, for the 6 hour rule you would need to start a 15 minute break no later than 23:13, it could be that your company have a rule that you need 30 minutes for the 6 hour rule but that still doesn’t account for the time they say it should start.

If the infringement is really for the 6 hour rule and has nothing to do with driving time, I would say that either you’ve got the times wrong or your company have some strange rules.

Loads of drivers get the WTD breaks confused and think you need a 30 minute break for WTD at 6hrs. It’s simply not the case. The reason is mainly how the rules are worded. The rules state that between 6&9 hrs you must have a break of 30 mins and then after 9hrs 45mins combined. However it also says you can’t go over 6 without a break. Breaks can be in 15 minutes intervals. So basically 5hrs 55 mins 15 minute break. 8hrs 55mins another 15. You have now worked for 8hrs 55mins and had a 30 minute break. Law fully complied with. I’m only talking about WTD here not driving. I’ve had no less than 5 drivers trying to tell me you need a 30 minute break when you reach 6 hrs working time in the last week alone. Not true!

Coolrider:
Breaks can be in 15 minutes intervals. So basically 5hrs 55 mins 15 minute break. 8hrs 55mins another 15. You have now worked for 8hrs 55mins and had a 30 minute break.

You don’t have to have 30 minutes break/breaks before 9 hours working time unless you’re not going to be working more than 9 hours.

tachograph:

Coolrider:
Breaks can be in 15 minutes intervals. So basically 5hrs 55 mins 15 minute break. 8hrs 55mins another 15. You have now worked for 8hrs 55mins and had a 30 minute break.

You don’t have to have 30 minutes break/breaks before 9 hours working time unless you’re not going to be working more than 9 hours.

No I know that I’m trying to explain what the law says if you are working belong 9 and if you look at my post I’ve explained if over 9 45 mins. It was just an example that’s all.
Like I said I’ve had no less than 5 drivers this last week alone telling me you need 30 mins by 6 hrs

Coolrider:

tachograph:

Coolrider:

No I know that I’m trying to explain what the law says if you are working belong 9 and if you look at my post I’ve explained if over 9 45 mins. It was just an example that’s all.
Like I said I’ve had no less than 5 drivers this last week alone telling me you need 30 mins by 6 hrs

And now you probably have no less than 5 drivers thinking they need to take a second 15 mins before 9 hour expire! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

Coolrider:

tachograph:

Coolrider:

And now you probably have no less than 5 drivers thinking they need to take a second 15 mins before 9 hour expire! :grimacing:

They do if they are working beyond 9 and yes all 5 drivers do work on average 10 - 12 a day.

Coolrider:

tachograph:

Coolrider:

I wasn’t trying to be picky with you mate but a lot of drivers seem to think you have to have 30 minute break before exceeding 9 hours even if you’re doing a lot more than 9 hours work.

tachograph:

Coolrider:

tachograph:

Coolrider:

I wasn’t trying to be picky with you mate but a lot of drivers seem to think you have to have 30 minute break before exceeding 9 hours even if you’re doing a lot more than 9 hours work.

No problem. Like I said it’s surprising how many drivers don’t fully understand the rules on drivers hours. However to be fair it’s sometimes how they are written or what some are told on their cpc courses.

Immigrant:
Wot shall i say to Tachomaster?

Don’t say anything. You have the right to remain silent.