Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Davidoff:

MaggieD:
Hi All,

Thanks to John (Saviem),David Senior,David Junior,Pete,Michel,and everyone else for all the brilliant information/photo’s on this my favourite T/N thread,seasons greetings and all the best for 2016.

David Senior I’m surprised you get away with all the time you spend on here,has Liz left you ■■
Saviem your mention of Whitmore Reans brought back fond memories of the trolleybuses thank you
Pete your mention of Wednesfield reminded me of my Grandfather who worked at the Weldless Tube there all his working life and Joseph Foulkes Transport,thank you.

Kind regards
Richard

Hello Maggie/D - Richard

Nice pictures these are!
The first one I would like to make a guess as to where it was taken. The blue OFTEL (animal feed) tanker truck is French registered and this kind of transport would not normally venture outside the Country. Then such snowy weather rarely occurs outside of France’s mountainous Regions. OFTEL were based somewhere halfway between Bourg-en-Bresse and Dôle, so I would venture to guess that this shot was taken in the Jura mountains, i.e. somewhere in the area of Pontarlier. Perhaps you were about to, or had just crossed the border with la Suisse?
In any case, nice F-series globetrotter, numerous SKs and of course the R-series Renault parked up for what was undoubtedly lunchtime, decorated a red wine-supplemented lunch. Those were the days.

In turn, I would like to thank the subject of this thread, Monsieur John SAVIEM for his numerous and invaluable contributions, as well as all the other more or less young old hands who post pictures, anecdotes, or various other elements of colourful interest. For me too, this is by far the favourite thread, almost a forum in its own right.
Many thanks to all for feeding the youngsters like myself with generational continuity of knowledge.

Joyeux Noël et bonne année
David

First pic looks like Jayat and a couple of Whitetrux sk"s.