Wits end with daughter

ckm1981:
Stop treating her like she is a child…tidying her room,chasing after her,sorting out all her issues,time she grew up,stop EVERYTHiNG you do for her then she may actually realise how much you did for her and show you a bit of respect.
My lads 7 years old and I’d never dream of cleaning his room for him that’s his job,he even has to hoover it himself,granted under supervision.

100% agreed…that’s how my daughter was brought up from a slightly younger age…no easy living, taught right from wrong, little jobs around the house etc, you want it, you earn it. Schoolwork came before anything else and she was pushed hard by myself. She’s now 20 (lives with her mother as we divorced years ago) and fortunately she pushed herself through school and left with 5 A levels…English, maths, Business Studies, Equine Science and Latin…she has always wanted to be a vet or have stables. She now attends Oxford Brooke’s Uni and is taking the latter 3 subjects to degree level and to say I’m proud is an understatement…all this through not having an easy start in life and not getting her own way much…it’s tough but it’s gotta be done…like I tell the wife when her 21y/o gimp wants something done…my mum stopped wiping my arse when I was 3! He couldn’t function without her at his beck and call…boneidle good for nothing prick…doesn’t work, doesn’t give a ■■■■ about anything as long as he can sit and play pc games all day…gimp ■■■■■■■■■■ my ■■■■ itch