Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Evening all, well Ive been "lugging " all this wet day, and Deere was my mount. What a wonderful machine, good brakes, loads of torque, an engine note to die for…no radio station can compete, and only sips the red nectar! The legislators propose 31tonnes for us…role on I say, will make us legal at last…(. I joke, for the subject of on road haulage with agricultural vehicles…and even more so agricultural drivers is a subject close to my heart, and something needs to be done)!..though I doubt it. Has there ever been a more unstable combination than a tractor/trailer at high gross weight, and high speed (40kph aint half fast if you have got to stop quickish)!!! and a young, (or not so young), chap in charge!!!

Yes the Valtra is a Sisu powered one, real economy, good on the PTO, and great on the road…but its early days yet! Jazzandy I can only agree with everything that you say about MF, but do any of the politicians even begin to understand, no, no, never! When will our stupid politicians wake up to the ways of American business? The easy way is the only way, God bless the Dollar, for that is all that they can see!!

Now then ROF, just have a look at the spud prices when you next visit your supermarket…they have not moved at all!..but then look at the weight that you are buying in that bag…its going down! So Mr Supermarket prices and profits go up…and your spend/ to value goes down!!! Hey, and me, and many others can barely cover the cost of growing them for you to enjoy!!!

Now Davidoff, I just cannot remember the UN Hazchem code for Abricotine, but it should be on each bottle!!! Great fluid for de-icing an Alpine road, or removing stains from very old dentures…or is it true that it is the only known substitute for Jet A1■■?

gingerfold I feel for you, ours is a really hard industry, and strangely that applies whatever country you look at. Why, oh why, this constant drive towards the bottom, cheaper, cheaper. The “marketing men” talk of added value…there is none, just a suicidal dive to the bottom…and those that leave are replaced by the “hopefuls” pouring in from the top! A constant cycle of despair! Perhaps advising your clients to peruse the “published” accounts from your ■■■■■■■■ adversary may help, and in particular a quick analysis of the equity to debt ratio, or the return on capital employed…forensic accounting is a great marketing tool…just as good as an Atom Bomb!!!

Good night my friends…tommorows diary is full, and judging by the smell in the yard, Id best get the vacumn tank on as a priority!!!

Cheerio for now,