Ackworth / Onward Transport

Very true mate they took over the firm with a lot of promise to do this and that and they failed to deliver
the family sold it to BOC thinking it was the best move for all involved but wasnt in the time i worked for BOC at ackworth every man asnd is dog was running it they must have been 4 genaral managers in a short space of time coming with another bright idea how to run things and to be frank they werent up to it, the last man in charge was ascot that they moved down lock stock and he was so far out of his depth it was scary i was running the loading side of thing at the time andwe were always short of trls he couldnt grasp that if 40 vehs went out why dont 40 vehs come back he was always in BOC transhield mode not genarel haulage he once ask me what all those old trls wre doing in the graveyard at the bck of the garage and why carnt we use them when i said they where off road permantly he said lets get the tax of them ■■? the mind boggles he had never heard of a tri axle trl and he didnt last long either.
BOC were out of there depth and it showed manager for this and that everybody was a manager and if i heard "ITS NOT BOC POLICY " once i heard it thousand times.There were some good blokes there old school who knew the haulage game inside out and they dismissed them all they knew best dint know that much tho when i left in 96 BOC interbrands didnt last much longer.
Ikeep finding pic so i will put them on as i get them. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
BIG AW
ps i do remember the unit used on the telly it was dennis waterman canrt remember the series we got a bit of stick after that up and down the country.
Its being bugging me that much mate ived had to look it up Stay lucky was the programme with Jan Francis