Digi Drivers hours records

Hi, we are a small company which needed an ‘o’ licence for two land rovers that occasionally pull a big trailer, a 5t iveco van, and a on hire 18t flatbed.

We are not a haulage company just use the vehicles to deliver our own goods to site use the goods and drive back.

I am currently undergoing my cpc training for transport manager.

Just wondering what sort of records I need to keep for the downloaded digi tacho hours.

We currently get them sent off when we have downladed the lads cards and vehicle unit’s and we get a copy of what the drivers do (they dont drive day in day out just the odd time) do we just need to file them away under driver names? do we need vehicle unit downloads kept as well?

Hope that makes sense??

Many thanks

Are the landys exempt O licence as dual purpose and possibly tacho if under 100 km from base :question:

Legally you need to download the data from the drivers cards no later than 28 days from the last download, you need to download the data from the VU no later than 90 days from the last download.

Data from both the drivers cards and the VU should be kept for at-least 12 months, if the data from the driver cards is being used to track the drivers hours for the working time regulations the data/records need to be kept for 24 months.

As far as how to store the downloaded data I imagine it’s best stored against the drivers names, but an O/D or TM might be able to answer that better as they’re obviously doing it (well hopefully anyway :slight_smile:)

tachograph:
Legally you need to download the data from the drivers cards no later than 28 days from the last download, you need to download the data from the VU no later than 90 days from the last download.

The extension to 90 day downloads was a European ‘harmonisation’, did they change the domestic hours as well? Or is it still 56 days?

Back to the original question:
All drivers hours records need to be stored individually for each driver and in a chronological order. Not sure what sort of record you are having returned to you, do you have your original download files?

I would recommend moving to an online service if you only have a small number of drivers/vehicles and they are all digital tachos.

Big burner:

tachograph:

The extension to 90 day downloads was a European ‘harmonisation’, did they change the domestic hours as well? Or is it still 56 days?

As far as I’m aware the law doesn’t require the VU to be downloaded if the vehicle is only ever used on UK domestic regulations.

I’ll wait to be corrected though :wink:

Many thanks for the replies.

The Landys do often do more than 100km and the rig they tow is just over 2 tonne so the combined weight is over 3.5t. So we have been using them with tachos to be on the safe side.

We print the info off that comes back about the drivers, but we dont recieve any info about the vehicle is that correct?

Thanks again.