Keeping tacho records

I work for an agency therefore they are my employer… (not self employed)
I download my digi card every week onto my own computer and store the records on an external hard drive…
I also email the latest file every week to the agency, who in turn, email said file to whichever client i have been driving for…
So I believe i have gone over the top of any requirements…
I know the driver is not required to keep the records himself, i just do it anyway…
BUT who exactly is required to keep these records ?
the vehicle operator ?
or my employer (agency) ?
or both…■■

The o licence holder has the responsibility to keep the records. In the scenario you describe it would be the vehicle operator. Not the agency, and not you either (beyond your required 28 days that is).

Yes i would ask every employer where his download facilities are, and download on a daily basis, or once a week if working there that long.

Yes,as the above have said I say…whoever you hand your notes into ask them to download your card to keep everything easy.

maoster… cheers for the reply… without looking on the tinterwebby thing thats more or less what i thought…

As has been said the transport operator has the legal requirement to download the data from your driver card, I’m sure DVSA would have no problem if it’s downloaded by you and the file passed onto the operator via the agency, but again as has been said, it would be better to offer your driver card tot he operator for download at the end of the shift.

Do you get paid by a umbrella company? if you do then they will be your employer not the agency and I would’nt send the tacho details to the umbrella company, they would’nt have a clue what it is or what to do with it.
just offer your card to the company that you drive for and if they have no facility to download it then it’s their problem

Midnight Rambler:
Do you get paid by a umbrella company? if you do then they will be your employer not the agency and I would’nt send the tacho details to the umbrella company, they would’nt have a clue what it is or what to do with it.just offer your card to the company that you drive for and if they have no facility to download it then it’s their problem

Some employers have that problem too :wink:

Midnight Rambler:
Do you get paid by a umbrella company? if you do then they will be your employer not the agency

umbrella companies all say you are self employed
Tax avoidance scheme :smiley: