Tacho Questions

Just a couple of questions guys as it has come about at work.
1:How long can you legally use your digi card before having it down loaded? I said 28 days.
2:Within how many days must a driver return completed analogue Tacho charts back to employer? Not sure about this i thought it was 28 again but been told 42,if so can anyone help out with answers and explain.Many thanks.

1. 28 days. the VU must also be downloaded at least every 56 days

2. 42 days counting from the day after the last date to which the record relates.

Because the download doesn’t wipe the data on the card, it doesn’t matter how often you download the card, we had a download terminal in Calais and one in the UK office. I downloaded my card every time I was in the Calais depot even though the UK office would ask for it every 3 weeks. Again we used to download our VU when we were in the yard or the office staff would come in on a weekend and download a few trucks so they all got done over a period of about 6 weeks.

However if you are an agency man, how do you know if you are going to go back to a company the following day or ever again so the operator should be downloading the driver cards every shift shouldn’t they?

Thanks guys knew the card one but wasn’t sure about the 42 day on the analogue,ta :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

FH12Volvo:
Thanks guys knew the card one but wasn’t sure about the 42 day on the analogue,ta :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not just analogue, the 42 days also applies to any required printouts.