Am i legal?

So im working for a company moving windows inbetween warehouses using a artic. Most of the time all the paperwork is inside a envelope sealed and when i have had a chance to have a look at it, it does not state load weight. I know im not overweight half the time half the trailer is barely half full but if vosa stop me and see that i had no written record of my weight even if i pass a weighbridge inspection can i still get a slap on the wrist? Is my visual weight check and passing a bridge inspection enough?

I dont think so and have stated this to the firm can you guys pls comfirm and also supply a link to official proof i can show them pls

I have only worked two shifts with them so far but will be going out again im wondering if even a written recon of aproximate weight would be enough?

Appreciate your input. Thanks

If a written load weight record was a legal requirement I’d say that apart from tipper drivers more than 75% of HGV drivers would be breaking the law, as it is a written load weight record is not a legal requirement so you can relax :smiley:

If at any time you THINK it is overloaded then YOU as the driver have the right to go directly to a weighbridge, get receipt which company are responsible to pay for, then go directly back to where it was loaded if its over without penalty

The only way you could be in hot water is if the combination is deemed unsafe

Thanks for the replies :smiley: