A little info please

hello to all , i work for a company which pays a set wage, now what is happening lately , is at base they are parking you up to wait for your load (this is on a thursday) giving all the available loads to the subbies, then , after maybee 4 hours they tell you to go home. the load for the morning would be bloody rediculous … ie you could do it if you drove an exorcet… i understand that they do this to get our hours down , but can they do this at base? no time limit is given its a case of grab a coffie+ we will call you . now bearing in mind that all poa should be payed for it brings my wage nearly towards the nat min rate :cry: iff you dont get back on the friday night it is at there discresion iff they pay you for the run in .My question is within the wtd is this leagle any advise greatly appreciated… oh + please excuse the spelling stellas kicking in

I guess they are parking you up and telling you to put the time you’ve parked up for down as POA. This is totally illegal. You need to know when the period of availibility finishes to class it as a POA.

Eg:

You: “'Scuse me. When am I going to be parked up 'till?”

Office: “Dunno mate, grab a coffee.”

Classed as working time.

You : “'Scuse me, when am I going to be parked up 'till?” (Say at 09-00).

Office : " 11-30 mate."

2.5 hours POA (box on tacho). Lovley :wink:. At 11.30 it goes back onto working time (crossed hammers).

As for the run in, I don’t know where you stand with that, but from my own point of view, if they didn’t pay me, I’d leve the vehicle where it was and tell them to collect the [zb] when they’d found it :smiling_imp:.

Hope this helps Arold and Welcome to TruckNetUK. Personally I prefer Delaney’s old Irish Whisky :laughing:.

As regards the Friday night situation, surely no company even under normal employment law can use their discretion about pay? If you do the work you should be paid regardless of circumstances IMO

thanks for the replys guess its time for job search :unamused:

arold1968:
thanks for the replys guess its time for job search :unamused:

Sounds like it to me.

Welcome to TruckNet Uk arold1968 and
good luck with the job search :smiley: