Another POA question

thought my 17th week period was up next week but i got wrong and its this week…i have 7 hrs of working time left which isnt a problem as ive got a nice little number local in the morning which will only use 5 hrs WT max but could the following be done if required…

go into work at 6am and go straight onto POA being a drivers mate untill we reach our first delivery point lets say 8am…come off POA at 8am and work 6 hours helping to unload at various delivery points untill say 2pm…at 2pm go back on POA whilst we return back to base at say around 4pm…question is can this be done…

Yes.

POA or Break. It matters not much.

Big Gaz:
go into work at 6am and go straight onto POA being a drivers mate untill we reach our first delivery point lets say 8am…come off POA at 8am and work 6 hours helping to unload at various delivery points untill say 2pm…at 2pm go back on POA whilst we return back to base at say around 4pm…question is can this be done…

I think when on POA you must be able to dispose of the time as you want but be ready to restart work - the question - is being confined in the lorry cab considered to be POA :question: :question: :question: - I’ll wait for Coffeeholic or Tachograph to answer that :confused: :confused: :laughing:

I dont understand why you want to use POA.

You are a drivers mate so when you are riding in the lorry it counts as rest, so you can take a break on a moving vehicle.

I agree with Wheel Nut, just record all the time while you are riding in the cab as a passenger as break. The only work you will clock up will be while actually assisting with the unloading.

Coffeeholic:
I agree with Wheel Nut, just record all the time while you are riding in the cab as a passenger as break. The only work you will clock up will be while actually assisting with the unloading.

i thought this would be the case…the example i gave above was an option offered to me to assist another driver not familiar on my route…

seems a little odd though that i only have 7hrs of working time left but if needed i could be stuck out in a cab for upto 15hrs whilst only working the 7hrs i had left and the other 8rs with the tacho on rest…

thanks for your input guys :smiley:

ROG:
I think when on POA you must be able to dispose of the time as you want but be ready to restart work - the question - is being confined in the lorry cab considered to be POA :question: :question: :question: - I’ll wait for Coffeeholic or Tachograph to answer that :confused: :confused: :laughing:

Just for the record you can travel as a passenger in a vehicle and put it down to POA, even if you’re part of a team travelling to or from a job as long as you’re not driving it can be POA.

The time spent by a mobile worker, who is working as part of a
team, travelling in, but not driving, a moving vehicle as part of that
team shall be a period of availability for that mobile worker.

tachograph:

ROG:

Just for the record you can travel as a passenger in a vehicle and put it down to POA, even if you’re part of a team travelling to or from a job as long as you’re not driving it can be POA.

The time spent by a mobile worker, who is working as part of a
team, travelling in, but not driving, a moving vehicle as part of that
team shall be a period of availability for that mobile worker.

At least you did not shoot me :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG, you have PM. :sunglasses:

whilst being a pasenger would reading truck and driver or com motor be ok or would it have to be somthing that has nothing to do with transport like readers wives or fiesta