4 hours poa! The law is an ass

Just double manned tonight as we had a driver in difficulty so heres how it went.

Drove double manned for 2 hours then let the other guy drive for 2 hours, then swappwed trucks got in the other one and the next guy in the next truck drove for 2 hours, As i was the “passenger” for 4 hours that is counted as P.O.A., then i drove the 2nd guy home for the last 2 hours.

So all in all i have done 8 hours in 2 trucks but only 4 hours of that counts as “working time”, therefore i did NOT need a break after the 6 hour working time rule, or in fact did not even need a tacho break.

Absolute madness do these sphincters in Brussels actually know its more bloody tiring sat in the passenger seat than driving the truck■■?.

Believe me but until you have been sat in the passenger seat for 4 hours YES it is far more tiring than driving as the boredom sets in when you dont have to concentrate all you do is feel VERY tired.

I usually struggle to stay awakefor more than 10 mins in the passenger seat!!

Unless, that is, my wife is driving in which case I am wide awake at all times!! :open_mouth: