Happy Thanks Giving

Just wanted to say Happy Thanks Giving to all the Ex pats here in the USA.
Dont know what it’s all about but if it mean’s a day off then I’m all for it :smiley:

Bully & Laura

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Bully.

I understand it’s a celebration from the founding Fathers landing on Plymouth rock in New England, and being thankful that they made it there at all.

S’funny I thought it was celebrated by Ex-pat Brits who were thankful they made it through immigration and customs everytime they return here! :wink:

Anyway a Happy Thanksgiving to you all too, What do you mean by a
“day off” Bully?, Whats one of them?, I have just got in from running all night, I’ll have just enought time to down some Turkey and ‘fixin’s’ then back out again.

I’m afraid this will be a rather bleak Thanksgiving this year, I have run out of Branston Pickle :cry: , and I love having Branston with Cold Turkey. Ingles Supermarket chain has decided to stop selling it :open_mouth: , I ran out 3 weeks ago, and have’nt been able to get to the ‘British Shop’ on the other side of Atlanta for a couple of months. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe you should ask someone over here Cliff, and we could mail you out a case of it?

No shortage of Branston in blighty. Though thanks for the reminder, I’m out of it too…

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Allthough I don’t quite get the meaning of the day but it seem that the original settlers who were very hungry shared the food with the Indians who lived here the after some time set about trying to wipe them from the face of the earth.

They seem to have holidays set out wrong here. Back in the UK we would have the actual holiday on the following Monday giving us a long weekend but here some have to go back to work on the friday :question:

[quote=“Pat Hasler”

They seem to have holidays set out wrong here. Back in the UK we would have the actual holiday on the following Monday giving us a long weekend but here some have to go back to work on the friday :question:[/quote]

Thats Yanks for you Pat,…could’nt organise a kneesup in a brewery! :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :laughing:

allikat:
Maybe you should ask someone over here Cliff, and we could mail you out a case of it?

No shortage of Branston in blighty. Though thanks for the reminder, I’m out of it too…

Thanks for the offer Alikat…but it would need a small mortgage to cover postage costs, anyway I’ll be home for Christmas, you can be sure I’ll fill a suitcase up before I come back here! (the US Customs just love me!)

Hey Cliff unfortunely you are down south but I have found a British supermarket up here, well ! about 250 miles east but still up here.

If you are ever going north on I 95 around Boston MA, take exit 44 (I think) for route 1 north (Danvers), 1 mile north of the exit on the south bound side is ‘UNION JACK’ supermarket, I think I’ve seen Branstons there.

Cheers mate! :smiley:

Thanks for the warning cliff. I’ll keep my eyes out over the holidays for cars driven on the wrong side of the road by a man madly stuffing branstons down his neck :wink:
Specially down near Bury :stuck_out_tongue:

YOU’D BETTER BELIEVE IT! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: