We need drivers urgently

My company needs experienced drivers based in Yonkers NY, I know not many if any of you can actually work in the USA but if you know some who can, let them know, It’s one of the best company driver jobs in the country with better pay and conditions than most and the job is so easy, no box vans, just tankers, most loads are return empty so 90% just deliver and return empty. I have even delivered Truro NS and returned empty (two days each way).
Drivers must have US work permits (Green cards), working visas or be US citizens with a minimum of two years CDL A experience and clean licenses.

Yonkers? lol, good luck with that. You might want to try an Español forum mate.

LOL, actually considering how small the workforce is at the terminal, the amount of English people working there is quite large :slight_smile:

Pat it’s 2600 miles from my home. A bit too far to commute :unamused:
I think you should try it here: TruckersReport.com Trucking Forum | #1 CDL Truck Driver Message Board

The Kraut:
Pat it’s 2600 miles from my home. A bit too far to commute :unamused:
I think you should try it here: TruckersReport.com Trucking Forum | #1 CDL Truck Driver Message Board

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Still can’t get people and now they have raised the weekly minimum to $1350.00 for all drivers based at Yonkers (like me :slight_smile: )

Pat Hasler:
Still can’t get people and now they have raised the weekly minimum to $1350.00 for all drivers based at Yonkers (like me :slight_smile: )

That sounds pretty good!

I found a job now in Las Vegas, small company with three trucks. Again flatbed :open_mouth:
Only some Western States, no California :smiley:
Home on weekends, start with 48 cpm, after two months 50 cpm (all driven miles paid). $50 for tarping (could be better), $75 for each additional stop, detention pay after 2 hrs $60 per hour!!, layover or breakdown $200 per day, meal allowance $30 per diem per day. Not too bad for this area, what do you think?

Sounds fair except … What is it with every trucking company over here that makes people work for 2 hours free of charge ? Why should we have to wait 2 hours before they start paying detention ? I will say one thing more about mine, they pay you by the hour from the very minute you break down, which most would even consider.

Don’t understand why anyone would agree to work for free. It’s bad enough company’s take 45min off for legally required breaks

That’s the problem here, trucking companies think you don’t work when you sit and wait and they don’t want to pay you for sitting. Everybody should be paid an hourly wage from leaving the yard till coming back to the yard. That would be fair.

I just read yesterday about Werner Enterprises being taken to court in a group action over pay.
It’s in CDL Life News.
Basically Werner are not paying minimum wage for all hours worked and the judge has come down hard on Werner’s.
If Werner take this to the Supreme court and lose, it could change the way truckers are paid in the US.

Werners, Swift, J B Hunt, etc have terrible reputations for the way they treat drivers. Prime for instance will leave drivers sitting at truck stops for days without pay waiting for reloads. What these companies don’t think about is that drivers talk to other drivers, word gets around about the bad treatment and they wonder why nobody but young kids are willing to work for them. Some companies will not even pay vacation or holiday pay, Swift are now installing driver facing cameras, there is one thing a driver facing camera will never see and that’s me in the driver seat LOL.

Pat Hasler:
… there is one thing a driver facing camera will never see and that’s me in the driver seat LOL.

Never ever would I do that! :open_mouth:

The problem is that a lot of companies can’t hire new students because of the insurance companies. Most want min. 25 years old and one or two years experience. All these bottom feeders are self insured and can hire new drivers. That’s one of the reasons why new drivers go to Swift or to the Mormon Mafia CR England etc.
And they take everybody who’s IQ is just a bit higher than a lettuce.

The Kraut:

Pat Hasler:
… there is one thing a driver facing camera will never see and that’s me in the driver seat LOL.

Never ever would I do that! :open_mouth:

The problem is that a lot of companies can’t hire new students because of the insurance companies. Most want min. 25 years old and one or two years experience. All these bottom feeders are self insured and can hire new drivers. That’s one of the reasons why new drivers go to Swift or to the Mormon Mafia CR England etc.
And they take everybody who’s IQ is just a bit higher than a lettuce.

CR England are owned by Swift now.

neilg14:

Haven’t heard anything about that and couldn’t find anything on the internet! Do you mean Central Refrigerated? They were bought 2013.

The Kraut:

neilg14:

Haven’t heard anything about that and couldn’t find anything on the internet! Do you mean Central Refrigerated? They were bought 2013.

My apologies, yes it is Central.

C R England have countless law suits against them for breach of contract. companies such as this, hire trainee drivers, put them through the CDL A test, then lease them a truck to run team, the young idiot then has a huge weekly payment aside from fuel and other charges and can be sitting around for days waiting for loads, all unpaid, it keeps the drivers in debt to the company and they can’t get out without owing thousands of dollars.

Pity I haven’t done my CDL yet

Jarvy:
Pity I haven’t done my CDL yet

Yep :frowning:

There is one guy who works for us who I can’t understand ? He is African, he has worked for the company for about 11 years, he doesn’t like doing much work, his job entailed leaving his Staten island home at 11.00pm, travelling to Yonkers, loading for Bethlehem and delivering, then going back home to the island so a fairly easy job, Bethlehem is only 99 miles each way/ Some nights he would be asked to preload a trailer before doing his run, this would take 2 hours at the most, other days he would be asked to return his empty trailer to Yonkers and bob tail home, he objected to any of these and after getting the increase to $1350 a week he suddenly quit because he didn’t want to work with our dispatcher anymore.
Two weeks later he re-appears in a brand new truck but controlled by our Delaware terminal doing not just the exact same run but two preloads as opposed to the one he had before. The man has taken a $350 a week pay cut to work under a different manager who gives him more to do ?
Something is very wrong here, I saw him yesterday and he was not happy :smiley: