No white Christmas

here in High River, thank ■■■■.
I’m in Calgary now at 2am and it’s +6.
This has been the mildest winter so far for me in 8 years being here.
Only 6 weeks ago, the farmers almanac (the bible for forcasts)whatever the ■■■■ that is was saying this year is going to be a repeat of last year.

neilg14:
Only 6 weeks ago, the farmers almanac (the bible for forcasts)whatever the [zb] that is was saying this year is going to be a repeat of last year.

that’s helpful … so what was last year like :unamused:

nick2008:

Bloody horrible. Winter came about a month early in NB and lasted two months longer than usual and we had the highest snow fall for many many years. This year we had a huge snow storm on November 1st which was more than a month earlier than we’d usually get such a storm so we were all prepared for another nasty winter but so far it hasn’t been all that bad, we’ve had some heavy snow falls since but in between its been really warm and much of it melts. Having said that, there’s still plenty of time as its always January and February that’s the worst here.

A record high of 23 Celsius today in Las Vegas NV :stuck_out_tongue:
The first time since 2009 that I enjoy the winter!
I don’t miss Canada…

+1 in my town today, got more grass than snow in the garden, last year it was three feet deep already.

nick2008:

neilg14:
Only 6 weeks ago, the farmers almanac (the bible for forcasts)whatever the [zb] that is was saying this year is going to be a repeat of last year.

Alberta had the worst winter (longest, snowiest, coldest) since records began.

not say good out in the boonies in southern MB ,freezing/ice fog, power lines failing with the ice build up,a well as folk say its winter in Manitoba… a merry Christmas and a guid new year tae one an ah.
jimmy and family.