its here

Ok so winter has arrived to us so what’s the lowest temp so far this winter you’ve seen and where■■?

I got -9 c by Idaho Falls last week

It’s not here yet Taffy, it’s gonna get much, much colder and much, much snowier :laughing:

Hi all.Beof good cheer,your not alone.It has reached here with a vengeance also.We’ve had 10cms of snow yesterday and the temp was min20c last night.Today its min 15c. :frowning: Soon be scooter time :smiley: mike.

As Pat said, it’s nowhere near here yet. We had snow on October 4th and that is pretty early, but still just a drop in the ocean.

No, this is the worst time. The roads are dirty, truckstop parking is full of mud holes and other kinds of holes.

Winter is better. You know it’s gonna be cold so you dress to be warm. You’re DEF freezes solid so all sorts of sensors go off on the truck, the snow lands, then spends 5 months blowing from one end of the prairie to the other, then back again. You discover the battery on your car is no longer in its prime the first time it hits -20.

But no bugs, no mud, no grass cutting…

Well ok then its on the way don’t be spoil sports lol

Now then Taffster, I’ve been a bit worried about you out there but don’t fear!!! Whilst out shopping today I very nearly found the answer to all of your upcoming Winter problems… :exclamation: If you don’t know what I’m on about ask Bob or Newmercman… :wink:

Suppose I’ll go and get me coat now… :blush:

Duck, nice one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had -11c in Canmore AB on Wednesday morning, the snow was flying too :cry:

Did a Saskatoon out of Calgary that night and it was the worst drive I’ve ever had, cruising along at 65mph and then I saw the whole of the left side of my trailer through my side window :open_mouth: The road was a sheet of ice and a big north wind was doing its best to put me in the ditch :cry: I got into all kinds of funny shapes and hit some big snow drifts too, one of them was that deep that I had to drop two gears to push through it :cry: I carried on for a few hours and then said ■■■■■■■■ to it after scaring myself a few times too many and parked it until the sun came out and the gritter drivers got out of bed :cry:

Can’t wait until it gets cold and all this slippery stuff goes away so I can drive without so much arse clenching :laughing:

Got stuck in Red Deer, AB on tuesday while heading from Calgary to Edmonton for a reload. I’m still on summer racing slicks and almost came a cropper a few times heading north. Called it a day in Red Deer after two near jacknifes. I’m now down in South Beloit, IL and its +10 with clear blue skies. I have no idea how you guys put up with the prairies. If its not snowing or covered in ice its so ■■■■ windy.

Ok Mr D you have lost me now but guess by the store its something to do with lumberjacks :s for some reason I got monty python in my head lol I hit -9 on way down highway 22 in AB tonight and snowing in crowsnest as I type. You hit it on a bad day there so far Robin few of they guys told me was a really bad 24 hour spell with about 18" in Lethbridge, looked like the weather gods took a giant dump on them

taffytrucker:
Ok Mr D you have lost me now but guess by the store its something to do with lumberjacks

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When you get time, which you will, go back through some of the old posts on here, all will be revealed :wink:

Ill take a look through once I get a new laptop its a pain on the blackberry

newmercman:
Duck, nice one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had -11c in Canmore AB on Wednesday morning, the snow was flying too :cry:

Did a Saskatoon out of Calgary that night and it was the worst drive I’ve ever had, cruising along at 65mph and then I saw the whole of the left side of my trailer through my side window :open_mouth: The road was a sheet of ice and a big north wind was doing its best to put me in the ditch :cry: I got into all kinds of funny shapes and hit some big snow drifts too, one of them was that deep that I had to drop two gears to push through it :cry: I carried on for a few hours and then said ■■■■■■■■ to it after scaring myself a few times too many and parked it until the sun came out and the gritter drivers got out of bed :cry:

Can’t wait until it gets cold and all this slippery stuff goes away so I can drive without so much arse clenching :laughing:

It certainly was a bad one .I left North Battleford in the early hours of Thursday heading to a pulp mill NE of Meadow Lake,not that bad to begin with but as I started climbing up through the woods into Indian country the snow just got worse and worse ,visibility was zero and I was soon only guessing where the road should be.There is nowhere to stop on that trail ,and if I had then I’d never have got moving again,plus I had to maintain a decent speed for momentum .
Got through eventually after 4 hours ,unloaded,then ran the trip back down to civilization but this time empty :unamused: You sometimes know the road is slick when you pass a grader in the ditch .Happy days :laughing: BTW,I was hauling liquified Oxygen which’ll make you “clench” at the best of times :wink:

This was taken in your neck of the woods a few years back Taff. Vegreville if I remember rightly.

wire:
This was taken in your neck of the woods a few years back Taff. Vegreville if I remember rightly.

LOL, we had -54 with wind chill in Swift current winter 2008, I took a photo but the camera froze.

omg its only -5 but wi the wind feels like -11 spent an hr on yardwork without gloves ffs taken me near qtr of an hr tae get feeling back in fingers couldnt even hold a pen to fill in defect book.
how easy you forget what its like in MB.in fall/winter. :blush:
To all the newbies its easy to forget how cold it is in canada and it will catch you out! during my first winter
I jumped out out of the truck in the middle of the night and went to open the gate padlock …Bad move i had no gloves on and my hand stuck to the ## padlock.
jimmy

JIMBO47:
omg its only -5 but wi the wind feels like -11 spent an hr on yardwork without gloves ffs taken me near qtr of an hr tae get feeling back in fingers couldnt even hold a pen to fill in defect book.
how easy you forget what its like in MB.in fall/winter. :blush:
To all the newbies its easy to forget how cold it is in canada and it will catch you out! during my first winter
I jumped out out of the truck in the middle of the night and went to open the gate padlock …Bad move i had no gloves on and my hand stuck to the ## padlock.
jimmy

Howd you get out of that one?

just tore my hand of it , :unamused: :blush: it was like getting a burn ,thats how i would describe it.
seems its the sweat on your hand that sticks.
As some o the longer members :laughing: ( time wise) might remember i did the splits one winter ,full legs either side ,bouncing on me nuts ,i tore a hamstring ,nerve bottom of my back checking padlock on trailer duing post trip was off work for near 4 months ,thank f for workers comp.
as a sidenote it was midnight in january in MB. --lowCs no one around to help ,near froze to death crawling back into cab. :exclamation: no jacket,short sleeved shirt after all it was just a couple o minute walk round!
Be very careful during winter ,i now have grips for my boots.
jimmy

thanks for the advise Jim think ill be fully dressed everytime i step out of the truck. what a sight you must have been

Some of you already know, but I have just had a total nightmare of a trip, had to get the tyre chains out of the side locker, a totally overrated experience, although it provided a source of amusement for the ■■■■ taking swines that call themself my friends :cry:

Lol I’m lucky so far no need for chains YET but I probs will soon enough probs be a right hash of it