its here

taffytrucker:
Lol I’m lucky so far no need for chains YET but I probs will soon enough probs be a right hash of it

Don’t have chains :unamused: , bloody snow in Regina today which I totally blame on Taffs wishful thinking makes me think I might need some though :laughing: .Was due to do a run to Steinbach and the Peg today but my good dispatcher said it was best I stay local,so have had new steer tires fitted and now sat in Kenworth waiting for repairs to various flipping sensors,such joy :unamused:

taffytrucker:
Lol I’m lucky so far no need for chains YET but I probs will soon enough probs be a right hash of it

Just make sure you have a tensioner key in your jockey box mate.

mickfly:

taffytrucker:

Already checked that lol got the chains the key seen the vid and all hat but probs still make hash of it the first few times

taffytrucker:

mickfly:

taffytrucker:

Already checked that lol got the chains the key seen the vid and all hat but probs still make hash of it the first few times

LOL, the vids are usually done in the summer, in dry weather.
I’m sure you’ll do OK, or just use the snow curtains.

Well, winter’s here now for sure, just left work in High River and we’re -31*.

The key is a useful tool to have, but you can get round that with a screwdriver or a spanner, the most important accessory you need for chains are bungees to keep them tight…trust me, walking (falling) back down the mountain to retrieve your chains is not a lot of fun :cry:

newmercman:
The key is a useful tool to have, but you can get round that with a screwdriver or a spanner, the most important accessory you need for chains are bungees to keep them tight…trust me, walking (falling) back down the mountain to retrieve your chains is not a lot of fun :cry:

I grabbed a handful there from workshops gonna get winter blades fitted when i go in now on Tuesday to. Have seen those octopus looking bungee in the truck stops been thinking bout giving them a go

First place I see those spider bungees, I’m buying eight of them so I have spares :laughing:

i dont miss that weather, have gone home to Australia for there summer,sweating over a hot oil tanker here.
i think i will stay on my plan of never having a winter again, summer in oz then summer in the us

Hi all.Scooter time is now upon us with a vengeance.Most of the middle part of Sweden has traffic chaos today with having nearly 50cms of snow overnight.We had less snow BUT the temp did drop to a ‘bracing’ min32c. :open_mouth: Wood stove is on high revs today :smiley: The good thing is it gives me more excuse for hot toddy’s and mulled wine :sunglasses:.Take care on the roads.Mike

This might just put winter into perspective

Hi all.I’d be curious to know where that temp was measured.I know saskatchewan has those sort.The only place i had that sort of cold was in Iqaluit and Pond inlet.Mike

That was taken this week in Calgary Mike :open_mouth:

My temperature sensor is playing up a bit, it was only -16c really, I was still wearing shorts :laughing:

Hi NMM. I dont know whatit’s like in Canada these days but here the temp has gone haywire.We had the warmest November on record with temps at plus up here,now we have the coldest Dec on record with temps yesterday down to min 34c :confused: The whole of middle Sweden is in chaos with nearly 70cms of snow in 24hrs :laughing:.Sod it i’m going out with the quad now as i have fitted the caterpillar tracks to it,then back for some hot grog. :sunglasses: Take care.Mike

newmercman:
That was taken this week in Calgary Mike :open_mouth:

My temperature sensor is playing up a bit, it was only -16c really, I was still wearing shorts :laughing:

Had me wondering as well for a min. Coldest we got to was minus 54 with wind chill in 2008.

The temps are a little bit crazy this year.
In High River, at night, from the start of Oct, we’ve been anywhere between +5 to -5, then on Nov 11 it goes down to -31 for one night, then +2 the next night and hovering between 0 to -10 with up to +14 in the daytime, since and + temps forcast for the week ahead.

Hi all.Just to cheer you all up a bit with the winter now upon us.
After having the warmest November on record we now have the coldest December on record :confused: with temps down to the low -20s C in GOTEBORG and STOCKHOLM :smiley: and up here only to -34c.
Yesterday and today the middle and southern parts of Sweden were almost at a standstill,roads and railways have literally ‘‘ground to a halt’’ due to more than 1mtr of snow in 2 days.we’ve only had 40cms :laughing: and life is normal.So even countries which are ‘equipped’ to deal with it can have trouble.Take care.Mike

One of the guys doing loblaw runs said it dipped to -39 other night was a comfy 20 in CA on Monday lol