Snow!

Just as things were starting to warm up and get into the + 20c temperatures, mother nature goes and dumps a load of fresh snow in a winter storm.

This is the road 2 hours after the snow started at Crossfield in southern Alberta.

Thats Alberta for you. It’s ok down here in Arizona.

I was running from Edmonton to Lethbridge on Saturday & had snow from Airdrie down to Vulcan, poxy wet stuff blowing from the west, it was that bad in places I couldn’t see past the end of my rubber duck hood ornament :laughing: I was almost empty & got a wobble on a couple of times, had a load in Idaho on the way up from California too & then some more in Saskatchewan on my back up to Lethbridge on Sunday evening, it’s spring FFS :unamused: Going to Wisconsin tomorrow so hopefully that’s my lot until the winter :wink:

Big Jon, now you’re in your log cabin I will be parking in the J next time I’m up your way & will be expecting you to come down & buy me beer :wink:

Wow, just got back from Calgary. pretty much 60 km/h all the way upto Red Deer, where the snow turned into rain all the way back to Edmonton.

Saw quite a few people who have forgotten how to drive on the white stuff, which is surprising as its not even a month since the last load we had. The funniest was the guy that passed me at Bowden on a bend in his tractor trailer. Im sure his arse end of the trailer kicked out and came close to slamming me as he passed, but as he went to pull back into my lane while still doing what i presume was 110 km/h , and he goes and loses the arse end into the next lane over, but managed to recover, only to do it again 100 mtrs down the road, I passed him in the ditch a few miles further up the road.

The hill at Innisfail was really bad, I could hear the snow (depth of) starting to slow the engine as i was going up the hill, but as it hadnt been plowed, it was over an inch thick. Several cars and trucks all in the ditch along that section. Hopefully it will all be gone tommorow. Ahh well 3 hours of OT today above my usual 9 hours :smiley:

As for a beer for Newmercman, im sure that can be arranged :slight_smile: Im not in there till June 1st btw. I’m more than happy to have a meet up with any of you expats over here :slight_smile: just not in Texas or somewhere miles away :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll have to start getting peoples cell numbers, I had Bobthedogs somewhere but i think it got lost when my phone broke :frowning:

I was at Ben & Jerry’s on Tuesday morning, went in with the sun shinning, spent and hour inside and came out to a snow storm :open_mouth:
It was about an inch on the road by the time I got to Burlington VT and saw two pile ups.
Two days later in NYC 90f :sunglasses:

BigJon:
Just as things were starting to warm up and get into the + 20c temperatures, mother nature goes and dumps a load of fresh snow in a winter storm.

This is the road 2 hours after the snow started at Crossfield in southern Alberta.

That’s Blackpool promenade. I can see the tower. :laughing:

hi guys.here i was friday,up above the arctic circle in swedish lappland feeling sorry for you guys with the temp here an amiable plus 10,and looking forward to saturdays mayday holiday.i went to gällivare to work underground driving a truck on saturday morning.just before dinnertime my boss phoned me and asked if,after i finished work,i fancied driving the snow plough saturday evening as the had just had about 10cms of snow dumped in about 5 hours.so i’m not sympathetic anymore.i just wonder what these people mean about global warming.last year 1st may we had barbeque outside in t shirts.this year i’m driving a bloody snow plough. :question: :confused: :confused:

We had 94 down here in Florida over the weekend…time to dig out the sun screen I think :slight_smile:

Bully

I left Tuesday lunchtime and hit the snow before Regina… It was awful all the way out until I finally gave up just past Medecine Hat… Weds morning it wasn’t so bad but last night coming back was just miserable again. Saw several mishaps.
The worst thing about the wet snow is that you are ploughing 3" of water and you can’t steer. Once you are in it you have to tease the truck to follow a line. I was in Jacksonville last week, and the weather was quite something. Then I got into SK and it was also quite something… :smiley:

I’m heading out to California in the morning, was going to get a few miles under the bumper tonight, but North Dakota & Montana are under a major winter storm warning, so I’ll tackle it in daylight, much easier when you can see where the road is :laughing: