Saskatchewan the best / 'easiest' province for eventual PR?

foresttrucker:
My current employer of 18 months say it’s not company policy to provide an employment reference to current or ex employees.

They will only provide this to an employer, I suppose after a successful interview.

Would be an obstacle? I’ve kept all my wage slips and have my original job offer on paper, but ideally I’d like all my paperwork in order before approaching an employer, I hate the idea of relying on someone back in the UK to do their duty.

All I wanted was a simple bit of paper stating I’d been a class 1 driver employed since xyz, not too much to ask!!

You may find that a reference is not a norm in Canada,It’s your driver(10 year) history that is the main big thing,Getting your 10 year history together is your job to put it on the application form and then for the company you are applying at to check with your previous employer’s the validation of what you say on the form,Your previous employer’s are obliged to answer by law that you have worked for them on the date’s you say,If they don’t do this you can use your T4’s and wage slip’s etc as i did with my present employer.