Prp saskatchewan

HI EVERYONE NEW TO SITE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME ONCE YOU HAVE GOT PRP IN SASKATCHEWAN ARE YOU ONLY ALLOWED TO SEEK JOBS THERE OR CAN YOU FIND JOBS IN OTHER PROVINCES HAVE JOB IN SASK BUT THIS INFO IS JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE NOT COMING OUT TILL MAY 16TH THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

You need to do the qualifying period, then get your citizenship, all the while working for the same people in the same province. Once you have citizenship, you can go anywhere.

Not quite, Ali. Once you get permanant residency then you are able to go where you please. On PNP you are restricted to the province that sponsors you but you can take a different job if things don’t work out, just it has to be in the province.

All that aside, it sounds as though you are going to land, start working then move on as soon as you get your PR, and that is something that is frowned upon quite badly. The province sponsors you because they want you there.

no not at all its just something that the wifey brought up the other day just last minute nerves

mark@dee:
no not at all its just something that the wifey brought up the other day just last minute nerves

Case anyone else forgets, welcome and good luck…you will be in good company that’s for sure :wink:

hi guys, i did the prp thing in sask. 8 years ago, but as a mechanic, the only stipulations i had were,
i had to become a permanent resident before my visa ran out or i had to go home…
no problem there as it only took about 5 mnths…
and…
the co. i was working for agreed to pay all fees as long as i agreed to stay with them for 3 years, which i did…
all in all a good deal…
just a little warning though, as unlikely as it sounds,you will start to miss home,when we came out here, wives couldnt work for a year,she will get lonely, my buddy who came here with me went back within a year,his wife couldnt handle it… im even starting to miss home now,
oh, and one last thing, if you’re coming to sask. be prepared for -40 winters…
or worse…one day last year Regina was supposed to be colder than siberia, i think we hit - 53…
email me if you want to know more…
stevefarr@sasktel.net