Saskatchewan the best / 'easiest' province for eventual PR?

If you get a HEMI 'Cuda let me know and I’ll come over to the dark side for a cruise :laughing:

Having run the idea of a COE past the “emotional” one, evidently I’m going to be getting something with a maximum of four wheels or I will be losing a couple of my most prized possessions, she followed up with “If you think I’m joking, ask the dog” :cry:

I like the look of those jacked up 70s pickups that sit in that field just east of Moose Jaw, but going by the condition of them they’re probably a small fortune.

I liked that old blue one he had in there last year looked in top condition. He got an old Ford in there atm looks like it needs a bit of TLC but wouldn’t jack it up

Reckon you’d be surprised price wise ,in a good way . Always makes my teeth itch though when I see decent vehicles parked on long grass even just overnight , fastest way to corrosion etc .
Struggling to believe the state of the T bird , a nick on the back edge of one door and a broken aerial , apart from these minor faults it’s almost factory fresh , unbelievable for a 52 year old Ford .Metallic Burgundy with white leather oof .
Back on topic chaps ,I have detailing to do :smiley:

newmercman:

Canny Lad:
I agree with most of what Newmercman has said on here, the prairies really are hell on earth and Deadville with its religious nuts is not really a pleasant place to live but this silly talk about buying a bike ffs. You know you really want that new shape Mustang next year lol.

Oh now you’re talking, I’m banned from going to Fords on my own, turned up to meet her indoors for lunch in one identical to yours and she had a sense of humour failure, strange creatures, I would’ve been chuffed to bits if it was the other way around ;lol:

Know what you mean, was allowed in the dodge dealership on my own and walked out with this :laughing:

10371493_10203393531575469_6180402044840951870_n.jpg

That’s how I ended up with my Charger, dangerous places them Dodge dealers :laughing:

LOL , every Canadian household needs a truck Russ . Well done eh .

Yes FTTM, we’re only a police certificate and final fee from PR so I thought I’d take the plunge, it’s a good investment living where we do

I worked for Kindersley Transport out of Saskatoon for a while. Cant fault them apart from the units being a bit on the old side and bloody freezing coz the heater was useless, not good in February! They done all the donkey work to get me out there though so it was a pretty smooth transition.

My current employer of 18 months say it’s not company policy to provide an employment reference to current or ex employees.

They will only provide this to an employer, I suppose after a successful interview.

Would be an obstacle? I’ve kept all my wage slips and have my original job offer on paper, but ideally I’d like all my paperwork in order before approaching an employer, I hate the idea of relying on someone back in the UK to do their duty.

All I wanted was a simple bit of paper stating I’d been a class 1 driver employed since xyz, not too much to ask!!

foresttrucker:
My current employer of 18 months say it’s not company policy to provide an employment reference to current or ex employees.

They will only provide this to an employer, I suppose after a successful interview.

Would be an obstacle? I’ve kept all my wage slips and have my original job offer on paper, but ideally I’d like all my paperwork in order before approaching an employer, I hate the idea of relying on someone back in the UK to do their duty.

All I wanted was a simple bit of paper stating I’d been a class 1 driver employed since xyz, not too much to ask!!

You may find that a reference is not a norm in Canada,It’s your driver(10 year) history that is the main big thing,Getting your 10 year history together is your job to put it on the application form and then for the company you are applying at to check with your previous employer’s the validation of what you say on the form,Your previous employer’s are obliged to answer by law that you have worked for them on the date’s you say,If they don’t do this you can use your T4’s and wage slip’s etc as i did with my present employer.