Is this realistic?

Nah, too dodgy. Avoid it.

According to my instructor when I did my class 2 and then class 1 “I was made for the job” which given the number of times he said I took as a compliment for being a fairly good driver and getting the hang of it well. This was a week long course with 4 hrs driving each day with the test on the Friday and an hours driving before the test and on the class 2 this was a piece of pee for me. I picked it up no probs and passed first go with 5 minors.

The class 1 test most certainly requires a lot more effort and it definitely requires a certain aptitude and attitude; you’ve got to WANT to do it. Like has been said, you’ve got to send off your class 2 pass certificate and money and wait for it to come back (not usually any LESS than 10 days) before you can start your class 1 training. As also mentioned, the driving forwards part isn’t much different to driving a class 2 apart from taking bigger swings round corners and generally having better manoeuvrability but you’ll spend 70% of the training going backwards as this is the hardest part by far.

Again, my class 1 training was over a 5 day period with the training being 4hrs per day Mon-Thurs then an hour before the test on the Friday. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I passed the car test many moons ago and also the class 2, I felt a distinct ease about the whole thing and was confident that I was going to pass. Of course not everyone is the same and some peoples nerves will be greater/lesser than others but in comparison to my car & class 2 test I didn’t feel 100% confident when going in for my class 1 although I wasn’t far off. I was proud to pass with only 3 minors however.

The point I’m making there is that someone who is fairly “driving minded” and adapts easily to new surroundings (ie. artics over rigids) took 17hrs (5 days) tuition and didn’t feel 100% confident for test so what chance does one stand having 2-3 days training? One could argue that it might well be 5hrs+ per day tuition with this company and then the test but I can testify myself that 4hrs virtually solid driving & concentrating hard is more than enough for anyone new to the game and anything more than that is pure torture and simply destined for disaster.

Avoid it kid. Look elsewhere.