How much did/have you paid for class 1 licence?

Most agree the cost of learning is very expensive how much did you pay or have been quoted for obtaining class 1 please include class 2 if you had to do it 1st!

Me i paid £980 for class 2 includung all licences paperwork etc.
I was lucky I didnt have to pay for class 1 or ADR or indeed CPC.

Class 2 was free courtesy of HM Forces, but had to pay £900 for Class 1,which included a re-test, coz I failed the first time (bag of nerves, messed up the reversing, which Id been doing perfectly all week). Got my ADR free though from a former employee. Wouldnt like to have to pay today`s prices for training though
Best Regards
Trev

I was fortunate enough to have both class 1 and 2 training paid for by my employer. The cost was approx £750 for each class.

In one year with the same employer,I have gone from driving a 7 1/2 tonne MAN,to a Merc Atego 18 tonner, and I now drive a Merc Actros 2540 6x2 with auto trans.
Just goes to show,if an employer REALLY thinks anything of you, they will look after you.

I will be more than happy to stay with my employer for another year to “pay off” my training.

Dan.

I took class 2 in may and class 1 in august.
By the time i had paid for all the training material, medical, theory test etc etc had to do a retest on class 2, all in about £1700

I got £370 through work and paid £380 myself for the class 2 (Course cost £750 total)

Add on top of that £30 for the theory, and £80 for my medical

Total £860…

But in Jan, having my class one paid for, with two goes at the test if I fail first time…

Free! Class 1…The leicester Council Paid for mine as part of there “back to work program” in 1988. If you was unemployed they would pay all the costs…but I have no idea if they still do this or not?

Bully

I went straight to class 1 and that was £650 for the lessons, plus about £50 for the licence, medical etc. This was in 1986.

Vince

As far as I can remember I paid about £650 in all, it was straight to Class 1 and it was back in 1987.

I paid just over a grand for my class One back in 1993 but that included a weeks training and test,which I failed.The 2nd test include a day and a half of training followed by the test in the afternoon,which I passed! I’ve just read in one of the truck mags that they are closing Croydon test centre which is where I passed my test.That will leave London with only one test centre at Enfield.Is this a direct result of the driver shortage or just an exercise in governmemt penny pinching.Whatever the reason,new drivers all over London are going to have a long way to travel to take their tests in the future.

with three tests on Class 2 and two on Class One and medical (rip off) theory changing licences (rip off) and extra training around £3,000.

£26 an hour training (I think - could be wrong).

If I remember right it was £180 for a week and class1 test, with S Jones Aldridge in 1980.

Mal.

I got my C+E paid for by the agency I work for as long as I agreed to stay with them for 6 months. The way they keep hold of their drivers is you pay £300 towards it and they reimburse you after the 6 months.

Dave

I got my class 2 paid for via a scheme under ETMA, Llanelli Council called: Work Bases Learning for Addults.
(The week of training is about £750 at Crosshands Transport Training)

(Passed this Saturday)

I can get the class 1 funded by ETMA, Llanelli Council if I enroll on the new NVQ , industrial Qualifications,- Driving Goods Vehicles.
(think the cost at the training centre is £700)

■■
Jo