Passed class 1 :)

I have been reading for quite a while, I have just not contributed. Just thought I would let you all know about me getting my class 1 Licence.

I did the medical through drivers-medicals a few years back as I was going to be doing my D1 through work, but it never materialised. Did theory and HPT. All passed fine.

I was looking at prices and it looked like I was going to have to spend £1200-£1500 just on class 2 then same again on class 1!

I thought If I was going to have to do this then I would have to do it in northern ireland where prices are a lot lower. My class 2 was £695. The flights with easyjet were £50 return. I stayed over with family so it was free. But I could of got a youth hostel for £10 a night. I went over passed first time.

I rang up to book to do my class 1 and they said they belived I could pass in the 2 and a half days course. So I flew over for another £50 did the course and passed first time. Cost of 2 and half days course £400.

So Below Is a total tally of how much I spent getting my Class 1 licence. (excluding CPC practical)

Courses - £695 + 400 = £1095
Flights - £100
Practical Test fees - £66 + £66 = £132

Total of £1237

That is less than I was quoted for just my class 2 over here. If I needed accommodation it would have been an extra £80.

For my initial CPC I am doing that over here in a C1 vehicle as the costs of going over again dont justify the flights.

Yes there is a risk you might not pass if you fly to NI to do it, but then again even if you need to fly over again it will only be around £200 - 250 for a retest (inc test fee) + £50 for a flight compared to around £350-£400 here (inc test fee).

All in all pretty happy. As long I pass my CPC on tuesday I would of gone from just a car and bike licence to C & C+E licence and CPC for less than £1500 in less than 2 months.

Now, Just to find a job :slight_smile:

Best of luck and well done kidder

I like a man who saves his dough.
I like a man who bakes his dough.

I like doughnuts. This always confuses me. By that process, does it mean I like nuts?

Working on that principle, I like sports involving a ball. And DIY.

So if I repair a ballcock, what does that make me?

Just thought I should share these thought’s that I have.

Congrats pal! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s incredible that the prices abroad are so much lower, even just over the water in N Ireland… (Where they almost speak English! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I wonder why that is…

VERY WELL DONE ON KEEPING THE COST THAT LOW :smiley:

Congrats pal. :wink:

Congrats, which company did you train with?

Trucker33:
Congrats, which company did you train with?

Swift transport training.