Maybe just maybe

Hi everyone,
I have a sorry tail to tell about my HGV class2 experience to date.I took my 7th test last summer and that was it.My funds had run out.All that effort for nothing.Anyway I put it all on the backburner until recently I saw an opportunity with a dairy company called Robert Wiseman.They claimed they would pay for all my learning and tests and in return I have to offer them commitment.I decided to give it a go and tomorrow I have an interview with them.Could anyone give me any more info on the company etc.It would be much appreciated. :unamused:

BlueBird… Firstly, welcome to TruckNetUK mate…

Sounds like you have had your fair share of tests mate… and I’m sorry to hear your having problems passing your test. :cry: Can you tell us what it is your struggling with??.. I have only just passed my test, so I am only new to this game, but this is the best site you will find for help and advice… all it is is one post away… :wink:

Let us know what problems you are having and we will all try and help the best way we can. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Unfortunatly, I dont know anything about the company your mention, but there is bound to be someone on here that can help you …

Welcome again mate…

Yes I agree with Andy M welcome to Trucknet.

Robert Wiseman Dairies are the Black and White spotty trucks from over the border, mainly farm collection and warehouse / supermarket delivery.

Kit Kats your man for this I think

Hopefully I will open the door back up to get into trucking.Overall I feel I am well capable of passing.I blame my failures on financial pressure to get my pass.If there was one aspect of the test I struggled on it would be gear change exercise.Anyway off for my interview in an hour.Fingers crossed

When one of the trucking magazines did a feature on HGV as a
career Robert Wiseman featured in an extensive article.
It seems that they are genuinely keen to train people to the
industry.They even have a dedicated team of trainers.
Suggestion : Be honest with them above anything else they
seem to look for genuine commitment as you have shown.
P.S. I will be shortly resitting my class1 for the umpteenth time
but like you will not give in.

In the same boat as you matey failed 2 class 2 tests in the mean time make sure your theory test certificate does not expire!. or that will be a re-take also!!! all the best Ian

I have had my interview and been offered the job (which i obviously accepted).They seemed very confident in their way of developing drivers and offer a lot more cash than my present employer just for learning. tied for 2 years with them which is a lot less than I expected. Hopefully all the money I have spent has not gone to waste. Thanx a million for your support and I will keep you posted with developments.

Oh thats great news Bluebird… :wink:

Good luck with the new job mate, and lets hope you can do the business this time… I can assure you, we have all got our Fingers and toes crossed for ya… :sunglasses:

And Good Luck to you too David14, when you resit your test… Have you got a date yet■■? :question:

Hi BlueBird/David14…welcome to the best and good luck to you both :wink:

Welcome to TruckNetUK, Bluebird.

When you meet your trainer for the first time and are having a cha, be sure to tell him what you have been struggling with, in the past. A fresh view point can work wonders.

When doing the gear-change exersize, take your time. Don’t try to impress anyone with how fast you can make the wagon accelerate :smiley: , its a truck, they don’t accelerate they just get a bit quicker :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: . On the down-changes, get the speed right down first, then change down. My wagon is doing 30mph max, in 9th (out of 12), 40mph in 10th, 50 in 11th and 56 in12th. Those are maximum speeds for each gear, which I only ever push it up to, when I’m fully freighted pulling up a hill (other than 56mph in top :smiley: ). That is to allow the revs to drop more as the wagon will slow down more during the gear-change.