Newbie question

I searched the newbies section but couldn’t find the answer.

I am a new driver for 7.5t work. I have my CPC and digicard and got a job through agency recently to start next week delivering furniture, while I wait for waiting times to come down to do my theory and hazard test for class 2(currently sitting at 18weeks in Glasgow area)

My question is regard to working time and driving time. My work will see me driving probably 30mins between deliveries then maybe 1hr or so doing delivery. I start at 8am. When I take my break between 1200-1400 and I take at least 45mins, does it mean then it will reset both my working time and driving time so I can continue for the rest of the afternoon to hopefully finish 1700-1800. (as long as I don’t do over 4.5hrs driving and over 6hrs working time in the afternoon) Its just confused me a bit due to the mixing of driving and then Working.

I have a lot to learn to move from my last job (IT Engineer) to HGV driving.

Thanks for your help in advance. :wink:

Nowt wrong with what you’ve set out there
Driving time resets after the 45min break, working time is just continuous. If you’re getting a 45’ in before 6hours of work have elapsed, you’re fine. Having 45mins of break will see you to the end of your shift, as the WTD/RTD rules state: 15’ before 6 hours, another 15’ before 9 hours and another 15’ if going beyond 9 hours. By taking the 45’ before 6 hour work, you’re sorted right until the end of your shift.

All looks ok to me too :smiley:

OK Thanks for the input.

Probably just over thinking it as never had to deal with these things before.

Thanks again.

Wait till you have to start dealing with weekly and daily rest periods! All the best!

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk