Full weeks work tomorrow

Hey guys. So i started with agency 2weeks ago. Signed up a wedsnday started thursday for tyre company. Deliveryn tyres. Worked thursday and friday and that was it. Roughly 6hrs driving. That week there was same. Thursday and friday. Well under 10hrs driving. So tomorrow i do full weeks work with door company. Rigid lorrys. Is my driving hours back to 56hrs? And should i write my hours down at end of day to keep eye on them for end of week? And one more thing… when i have my 15 and 30 breaks before 4 half hours driving. Do i still need full 45 before 6hrs driving? Thanks guys :smiley:

Do i still need full 45 before 6hrs driving?

Are you for real… you cannot drive a HGV for 6hrs

Swampey2418:

Do i still need full 45 before 6hrs driving?

Are you for real… you cannot drive a HGV for 6hrs

Don’t think that’s what he means :unamused:

Don’t think that’s what he means :unamused:

Lets hope not or god help us all… :grimacing:

I wasnt doing full days work. I took my 15 and 30 breaks as normal but was not doing full 9hrs driving a day

Right,instead if taking pot shots at the OP I will go against the grain here and actually offer the advice he has asked for…
Once you have taken you 45 mins (whether it be a 15 then a 30 or a full 45) your driving time is reset to 00:00 and you can drive for another 4.5hr period the same as when you start your working day.
Even if you have only done say for example 1:15 driving,once you take that 45 mins it gets reset to zero.
Also yes it’s worth keeping an eye in your driving hours for the week but if your keeping within the law on your daily limits then you won’t exceed your weekly limit.

I hadnt need to take 2nd breaks when it resets as ive did no more driving :smiley: . So as long as i stick to daily limts id be fine?

Is there no six hour rule then

irish lorries:
Is there no six hour rule then

There is no 6 hour driving rule,there is a 6 hour rule for WTD

You cant work more than six hours between breaks either. This includes work other than driving.
The driving hours are 90 per fortnight so you can always do 56 as long as the week before or after is no more than 34 (56+34=90) if you are only doing 10 hours per week then youve no problems.
If you have taken a break to reset your driving time this also resets your WTD clock for breaks. From the end of your break the 6 hours start again before you next need to take a break.
I hope this was what you meant and has answered your question.

Yes mick. Thanks. So ive clean slate this week i think because i start at 8 an do full week so ive got my 56wk. This right mick? As i havnt did full week yet :smiley:

Are you doing local runs

Dont know yet. Its a builder merchants sort of place.