Out in a 7.5t tomorrow. First driving job

And I am just beginning to brick. I’ll probably have a house worth but this evening…

It’s 7.5t and not Class 2 work but work is work, and being a 19 year old newly passed driver, I’m surprised that I’ve been found work within a day (interview with agency on Monday). I’m doing bathrooms on pallets out of Cannock. Might have a guy with me, not sure (the agency guy said if you’re doing houses you’ll have a mate, if not it’s just pump truck stuff delivering to fitters and local warehouses). I’m feeling confident about load security, checks and that stuff. Less so about finding my way about and driving the bloody thing (expect to create some coupe variants of a few cars).

My question is though: Under the EC rules (which apply to this journey because it’s over 3.5t (is this right?)), I’ve got to have a 45 minute break after 4.5 hours driving, or 6 hours other work (hammertime as I will now call it). Now say I do this.

5:30 Start
5:44 complete manual entry for other work (checks, paperwork, all the good stuff)
5:45 Drive on when you’re ready
6:15 Stop, drop (hammertime)
6:30 Roll (Drive time)
7:30 Hammertime
7:45 They see me rollin’ (They hatin’)
10:15 By now I’ve been working for 4.5 hours, but have done 3.75 hours driving (do I need a break yet)
11:00 Now I’ve done 4.5 hours driving (definately need a 45 minute break. I’m sure as hell I will)

So do I just add up the drive and hammer times and take a break when they get full (4.5 hours driving, 6 hours other work) or is there some other factor I’m missing? Thanks!

Edit: Even better than that I passed in an automatic XD. I’m guessing 7.5t’s will be straight 6’s (more gears than my car still :unamused:). Do I need to be pulling away in 2nd? 3rd? 1st? Reverse?

Starting at 0530 and having a 45 at 11 is going to cover both tacho and WTD breaks

From 1145 you just need to watch the next 4.5 driving time and the next 6 hours of total work/drive time

Stop confusing things.
Work is work
Driving is driving
Break is break
Rest is rest.

If you start making new words for what your doing your really going to confuse your self when people try to explain things to you.

Simple thing is
If you drive 4hrs 30 min you need to stop don’t pass 4.5hrs without having a 45 min break…
Before you reach 6hrs work you need a min 15 min break.
If you work more than 6 hrs you will need another 15 min break before you finish your shift along as your shift don’t go past 9 hrs.
Obviously if you reach 4.5hrs driving you will need breaks totaling 45 min. The breaks may be split, the 1st must be a minimum 15min the 2nd a min of 30min.
No breaks may be adjoined to a daily or weekly rest

Well apparently I’m not going out any more because the vehicle came back in “a bad way”. No idea if somebody ■■■■ himself or just battered it off a pole.

But at least I know now. Thanks guys.

Was the reply

" YOU CANT TOUCH THIS ? "