Recommendations.

Good evening,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of Class C driving tuition/courses in Scotland.

Tried GTG training in Edinburgh several times now but nobody bothers to get back to you.

Might be better off heading down to Peter Smythes seeing as he has a good reputation but wanted to check if anyone would recommend something more local first.

I’ve already got my provisional and passed theory, hazard perception and case studies tests.

Cheers,

Jon

Ritchie’s , Springburn Glasgow. There is a company in bathgate that do it too.
Loads of them about. Just do your research.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I was looking for CE in Scotland as didn’t want to drive that far to PSTT again where I did my C.
The best communication was with McPhersons then some companies from Aberdeen responded quickly but finally booked with PSTT again :smiley: At least I know what to expect as my experience with them was worth the long travel I made (I’m from far north of Scotland).

Thanks guys. I’ll certainly do a bit of research. It’s just good to hear personal recommendations. I live in Fife but I’m happy to travel.

Any advice too regards driving agencies that will be happy to take on new drivers would be appreciated too.

CTTS in the Whitehill industrial estate Bathgate. When I went for my Class 2 i went for an assessment drive with both them and Ritchies in Glasgow. Much preferred CTTS and went with them for both Class 2 and Class 1 and passed first time. If I remember correctly the price was on par with ritchies and GTG. Like yourself I got no reply from GTG but CTTS were very helpful and quick at getting back to me and getting me booked in for assessment etc. That was 5 years ago now but I still see their training vehicles on the road so they are still going.

Here is their website cttstraining.co.uk/

They also used to have an agency attached to them that can help get you into some work after passing. Not sure if thats still the case but worth a look.

Hope that helps and good luck buddy.

s3amu5:
CTTS in the Whitehill industrial estate Bathgate.

Did my class 2 and class 1 with ctts, the class 2’s are MAN 12 tonners, quite small but enough to get you through class 2, 4/4 manual so you have the experience driving a manual. Class 1’s are Scania’s with normal tri axle trailers which are what you’ll probably drive most after you pass your test so its good practice, class 1’s are opticruise (clutch to set off and stop but automatic once you’re moving.) Had kenny for class 2 and john for class 1, both very good instructors and jim in the office was top notch.

The main problem i had was getting a reply from companies and start dates, gave ctts a ring and they had me booked in pretty quick.

Heard good things about ritchie’s, just whatever feels better for you, i’d just ring places and ask about availability then see who can get you in quicker. Best of luck with your test when it comes.