Passed C+E first time thanks to Euro Truck! (Video included)

Hey guys, back after a bit of a hiatus.

A bit of background first, I passed my class 2 and then jumped into the first decent sounding job I could find (DHL multidrop… yea, I know). Well that ended pretty badly, and as a result I needed to take a break from the trucks and reassess what I wanted to do, so back onto the buses for the time being.

Well I booked in for 3 days training and a test for class 1 last week, as I don’t like leaving things half finished. Everything else was coming together fine during training, but I just could not get any level of consistency on the reverse. As I already had the equipment lying around (vr headset, steering wheel) I picked up a copy of ETS2 for a fiver, and after some faffing, managed to get something approximating the test manoeuvre set up -

youtu.be/o8XikyXYrcY

Yea. It legit helped. Passed with 2 minors, (fog lights are 100 metres, not 50. Also, needed an extra shunt on the reverse as I still ballsed it up, so god knows how I would have done without the simulator).

Now I’m planning on sitting on my license until Feb / March time so I can wait out all the xmas temp crap and start looking for a reasonable job. Any recommendations around the Tamworth area would be appreciated :smiley:

Every little helps and all that.

Looks similar enough to the test reverse, even if it wasn’t i think the part that people struggle how a trailer reacts to your movements in the cab. I had a shot of this game at a mates on a controller but on an actual steering wheel i think it would be good for people just to have a play with a trailer with no consequences and for as long as they want.

Pretty sure i saw a youtube video of an american company with a simulator somewhere but i may be wrong, more industries are starting to use simulations to train new staff anyway so i wouldn’t be surprised if companies over here started using them with new drivers.

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg

Wildarmtins:
Now I’m planning on sitting on my license until Feb / March time so I can wait out all the xmas temp crap and start looking for a reasonable job. Any recommendations around the Tamworth area would be appreciated :smiley:

Right now, into Dec, is a busy busy time. You might be missing out on a shed load of cash if you do that. I, personally, know of drivers who take holidays at this time to go and work for RM. Your call though :slight_smile: