Career Change

Hello all

I am currently a bus driver, ive been doing it for a few months and making just shy of £400 a week (before tax)

After speaking to HGV drivers, I have been encouraged to swap jobs over. Apparently HGV driving is a much better job than bus driving and you have the ability to make more money.

What do you all make of this? Should I make the jump over to HGV? The idea of driving different routes and making more money is very appealing to me.

Also would any of you have recommendations on what company to join with?

It all depends where are you based but if it is the money you are after - Class 1 is your call. Apart from that most of stories are true - different routes, different loads, silence and no complains from the back after you hit the pothole or two .Again it is not always fun and games but I assume you will be feel much more fulfilled after the end of your shift. At least I do :slight_smile:

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

ROG:

Passed out car license 1988

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

bernardcini:

ROG:

Passed out car license 1988

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Does your DQC state PCV and LGV on it :question:

I was a bus driver and jumped to hgv. Best thing ive ever done and should of done it sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only good thing about bus driving was that i worked shifts and knew basically my start/finish times for the next year or until rota change

mark1284:
I was a bus driver and jumped to hgv. Best thing ive ever done and should of done it sooner

Same here, there are a fair few ex bus drivers on here.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I know a lot of bus drivers that went to HGV and told me it’s better, that’s why I am making the change myself. I reckon 20 bus drivers leave for HGV for every HGV driver that comes to the buses, and the scummy general public, unrealistic timetables, lower pay and rubbish hours are to blame for that.

I started off HGV, went on the buses/coaches but now I’m back on HGV.

Do it. You’ll not regret it…

Thanks for all the replies!

I’ll make the move - I’m currently booking myself into training as I type this.