Is it worth it?

Hi guys,

Been thinking about changing from PSV to HGV but want to hear from you guys.

Is it actually worth it in this day and age?

never looked back. better pay, better motor, same long hours. less people

Stop thinking about it and go for it. Best thing I ever did. Won’t ever drive a bus or coach again.
Can match my old wage in half the hours

And you don’t have to wear a crap sweater and be nice to people that you don’t like.

Definitely worth it I say. Like others have said. Better pay by and large, out on your own, not dealing with the masses, can take breaks when you want, less chance of being assaulted, etc etc the list goes on. Just do it I say.

Well that was an easy sale!

Does anyone know of any decent trainers for the north devon area or the Reading area please?

Looked online and apart from hgvtraining i cant find any “proper” companies

I’m not a bus driver just thought I’d give my say. I’m currently looking to do my class 2, all theory side and medical done now onto the driving part. Loads of my family members saying why would you want to drive trucks, long hours etc and I already have a full time job and my factory is at the end of my street. Just go for it if you really want it I can’t wait to get started.

Newbie1985:
I’m not a bus driver just thought I’d give my say. I’m currently looking to do my class 2, all theory side and medical done now onto the driving part. Loads of my family members saying why would you want to drive trucks, long hours etc and I already have a full time job and my factory is at the end of my street. Just go for it if you really want it I can’t wait to get started.

I’m in the same situation worked at the same place for 16 years 8-5 only a five minute drive, why on earth do I want to change lol. Boredom comes into it as well as the hope of earning better money and it’s an itch that needs scratching before it’s too late.