Another tacho question

ChrisEnglish90:

tachograph:

ChrisEnglish90:
Just a tacho/wtd question today.
I started work at 6:30am and arrived at my destination at 8:10 and put it on break! I left at 11:15am! I’m now at my next place and arrived at 11:45. Again it’s back on break! What’s the latest I can work to? Is it 21:30? Or later? Do I need to include the breaks into my wtd 15 hour day?

You stated work at 06:30 so if you have a reduced daily rest period available or you have a split daily rest period you must be finished work by 21:30.

If you do not have a reduced daily rest period available and you do not have a split daily rest period you must be finished work by 19:30.

There’s no such thing as a “wtd 15 hour day”, the maximum working day is derived from the daily rest period you must have.

Ah okay so even though it’s been on break I still only can work until 9:30pm. I’ve gotta pull out anyway and go back to the yard so it’s all good but still nice to know the answer!:slight_smile:

On a single manned journey you can never legally do more than a 15 hour shift.

You was on break/rest for 3 hours 5 minutes so you must have a 9 hour rest period after the end of the shift and that 9 hour rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, therefore the maximum working day is 15 hours.