Hazard perception online tests

Any tips for passing the hazard perception test? I’m subscribed to their online training and testing, but so far I am clicking too often and too early! Here’s two examples where i get zero points, how do you get the timing right ? You can see how the red flag showing when i click is not within their scoring zone :cry:

I used these two apps and the HP test on them is very good. Yes you do have to pay for them but they also coach you to get the best results.

The only tip I can give is practice practice practice [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

click this link viewtopic.php?f=5&t=160758

ROG:

Don’t send him my way ffs… [emoji1787] [emoji1787]

All I can say to the op is…

CLICK, SAY BANANA, CLICK [emoji106]

Best of luck op [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

ROG:

Don’t send him my way ffs… [emoji1787] [emoji1787]

All I can say to the op is…

CLICK, SAY BANANA, CLICK [emoji106]

Best of luck op [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Exactly the method I used to pass.

Dont worry about the hazard perception, once you have passed it you can have your first lesson …youtube.com/watch?v=8mBgrsS5rDU

The dumb hazard perception test most experienced drivers fail it as we see the hazards too early. My son failed it twice and had 1 minor on real test and I taught him no instructors involved but I know its rare to be able to teach a family member.

Hazard perception was new to me last year as I passed my car test in '89 and we didn’t have them then. Best thing I found was just to keep practising them. Eventually you get a feel for the timing of your mouse clicks. I found it annoying that the window sometimes was later than the actual developing hazard.

I’ve done this bloody HPT for car, bus, bike and just recently lorry - flaming sick of this unrealistic computer game.

3 or 4 clicks on the hazard you think they’re scoring you on has always worked for me. One click as soon as you think it could be it, another click just half a second later if you still think it is, then 1 or 2 more as the hazard continues to develop or the situation takes a turn, with the last click being when it’s obvious that something bad is happening. This ensures that if your first click is too early for the scoring window and you miss out on the 5, your later clicks hoover up the points still.

Don’t overreact if you get disqualified on a clip, that happened to me once on a very busy clip when I clicked too much (probably 15 times) but I still passed comfortably. I was clicking about 8 to 10 times per clip on average and had no issues.

Are you using the same clips time after time? If so, you know it’s coming and you’re anticipating it! I found exactly the same with the postman.

There’s another one with kids getting in a car. On the second go you know it’s coming, think you see a movement and click. You sit back smugly waiting for the full 5 points and the computer tells you 0/5 like some jumped up Eurovision score. Git.

By the way… it’s easier in the test. The clips are a lot clearer. I passed with flying colours on my first attempt yesterday.

Why are they old clips?, I thought they use CGI clips now on the updated tests…you sure you using the news clips.