Looking for advice on... Recruitment Agencies

Franglais:
One slight chance is if you can get a job van driving, on your current car licence, and get “a foot in the door” with a transport company that way?
Any experience with driving will do you no harm if you do opt to go on to bigger vehicles. Reading the road well applies to all vehicles.
There are some awful van jobs out there, but maybe if you take one on, thatll give you the time to look for something better, and maybe look at training up? A bad job wont be so bad if you know its only temporary. Sorry, Ive no better ideas, but hopefully someone else will have.

One of my drivers did that, came to us as a van driver and did his Class 1, didn’t tell anyone until he had passed. We said, good on ya, next vacancy for an artic and the job is yours. He hung on for a couple of months IIRC as a van driver and then moved across.

We also would take on a new pass occasionally because having been young and looking for a job, I can remember what it was like. I had a 23 year old join me and he was getting over 40k in his first year. Though that kind of thing is a rarity, but just pointing out it can be done.