Oh God an automatic

Had an automatic today, first time I’ve driven one since getting my licence. Kept trying to press a nonexistent clutch with my bored left foot. Then got back in the car this afternoon and stalled that at the gates leaving work as forgot I had to use it’d clutch [emoji23]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Going off on a tangent slightly I’ve just bought my first auto car and that’s it I’ll never own another manual car again hopefully.

I’ve had all my cars manual and when it came to buying a particular one that’s auto, I wasn’t so sure… I thought I wouldn’t have that much control over the car etc. and that a proper car is manual and having only to pedals is too easy.
What’s more the car is electrtic and I’m not going back to old days…

Why would anyone want a three pedal vehicle when you only have two feet ■■ :slight_smile:

raymundo:
Why would anyone want a three pedal vehicle when you only have two feet ■■ :slight_smile:

I’ve got the opposite hang up. Passed recently my Cat C in an automatic. All my documents have been sent off so I can apply for my first job when I get them all back. When they come back, what if I get offered the chance to drive a manual wagon? Driven manual cars for the last 25 years but in a truck, in my mind, it could be a whole different animal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drive a manual wagon nearly every day, it’s not a big issue and you’ll get used to it.

Mine is a straight 6 speed gearbox, exactly like a car. Dead easy.

You might get a 4 over 4 gearbox. I’ve only driven one once, and it’s a bit strange to get used to, but not too bad. Have a look on YouTube if you don’t know how to drive one.

And then theres a splitter gearbox, where you have gear 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc, but apparently they are really few and far between these days so you would be really unlucky to get one of those.

Basically, don’t worry, throw yourself in at the deep end and just go for it. And at the end of the day, most trucks are automatic these days anyway, so you probably don’t even have to worry about it

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk