Nice surprise and enjoyable day

Turned up at 4am to deliver for a company today to find they had switched normal lorry for a V plate Volvo FH manual. They joy of driving a manual again over looking after the steering wheel in the autos. Pulling out at roundabouts when I want and not praying for the auto box to do its stuff.

The day went quicker I am sure. No aircon, windows wide open. Big grin on my face. To think some drivers will never experience it.

Felt like a proper driver again

I use a manual most days (only a 4/4) but I do enjoy using it. Can be a bit tiresome towards the end of a long shift though. Then again it’s nice to get in an auto every once in a while.

What on earth is a manual truck…?

Pimpdaddy:
What on earth is a manual truck…?

I think its a Spaniard :smiley: :smiley:

Que?Is it a Fawlty gearbox?

Lmfo

midlifetrucker:
Turned up at 4am to deliver for a company today to find they had switched normal lorry for a V plate Volvo FH manual. They joy of driving a manual again over looking after the steering wheel in the autos. Pulling out at roundabouts when I want and not praying for the auto box to do its stuff.

The day went quicker I am sure. No aircon, windows wide open. Big grin on my face. To think some drivers will never experience it.

Felt like a proper driver again

Know what you mean; but if it were me I’d be glad to get back in the auto again after a couple of days; specially on my job where you’re up and down the box like a bloody yo-yo.

I drive a 4/4 manual with split every day. Wouldn’t want I-Shift

Keep it manual, no need for a cripmatic.

My last lorry was an auto and I was glad to get out of it after 2 years. Had my current lorry with manual gearbox for 2.5 years and would not want an auto again.