Broker or Training Provider? Plymouth Recommendations?

Hi,

After a long few months of deliberating, I’ve deciding to take the plunge and train for a Class 1/2 license. Office work just isn’t for me!

I’ve phoned up a couple of places - namely, a national broker who pulled me in with finance options, promising work when passed due to their partnerships with agencies etc. however, after speaking to a local trainer, I’ve realised the broker are at least 50% more expensive.

I’m all up for going with a local provider, however, the lack of links to agencies/employers is a slight concern. Interested to know if many other people had trouble finding work straight away? I suppose my concern comes from the fact I have minimum to no driving experience work wise. I was a drivers mate for a few months about 10 years ago when I was 18. Otherwise, I’ve had a clean license for over 11+ years.

I was originally thinking of just getting the class 2, getting experience etc. then class 1, however, lots on here saying to do them back to back. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, does anyone have any trainer recommendations for the Plymouth/South West area? I’ve seen a couple online but would be good to hear feedback first hand.

Cheers!

Don’t go to a broker period. They just sent you to the same local providers but mark up the price, and you don’t need links with agencies, you just go in and sign up.

Brokers promise the earth and give nothing in most cases so look at the link in my signature below

JakeWS:
Don’t go to a broker period. They just sent you to the same local providers but mark up the price, and you don’t need links with agencies, you just go in and sign up.

They do not often mark up the price but give you one day less for the same price = rip off

Ever noticed how most brokers give you a price per ‘course’ … I wonder why that is …

As mentioned, there’s nothing magical and mysterious about signing up with an agency - if that’s your choice. Far better, IMO, to go and knock on doors. Don’t waste time and effort with emails - too easy to delete or ignore. Persistence is key.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Avoid brokers. Use ROGs link to find good training schools or frankly just travel up to Pete’s firm.

Never used an agency, I know Pete favours knocking on doors but applying online directly through the bigger firms websites may also get you an interview. I did for me anyway. Don’t close off any potential route to work I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, for the really big operators, online is the way forward.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: