Fowler Welch apprentice ships

Anyone had experience of apprenticeships like this…are Fowler Welch good to drive for??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Flash trucks ,Flat wages .But if you get a licence go for it .Use them as they use us . :sunglasses:

I wouldn’t have put the words “flash” and “Fowler Welch” in the same sentence…

kjw21:
I wouldn’t have put the words “flash” and “Fowler Welch” in the same sentence…

Sorry my mistake :laughing:

Old fleet then??.. That aside are they any good to work for?? Lol

Didn’t know Folwer Welch were in the nautical game…

xichrisxi:
Didn’t know Folwer Welch were in the nautical game…

Poxy auto correct on phone…lol

Fleet spec tackle 5 years max age, well maintained, English as second language.

Anyone know what they are paying while you are still their apprentice? Mate of mine is desperate to get his licence but would still need 17-18k that he is getting in his current job to cover his bills at home.

peterboroughmatt:
Anyone know what they are paying while you are still their apprentice? Mate of mine is desperate to get his licence but would still need 17-18k that he is getting in his current job to cover his bills at home.

Well it is just over minimum wage for the top lads .so expect a lot less .They can pay you below minimum rates as an apprentice …

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=153022

All that super detail yet no mention of pay…

biggriffin:
English as second language.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Really not my local Fowler Welch ( well English may be a second language as non of you lot can understand us :laughing: :laughing: )

Seen it advertised on Indeed, if you haven’t seen it already

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=a … bnf9mhtahr

Edit just to add I hope that’s not breaking rules posting that, apologies if so.

Any info on what these are paying qualified drivers?

Jimmy McNulty:

My local depot is about 8.50 basic with overtime and weekend rates.

Jimmy McNulty:

Peanuts.jpg

This opportunity offers a newbie a way into the industry to gain some c+e experience – if done for say 24 months, then would that not be a good approach? The alternative being to go knocking on doors asking for work?

I appreciate that the job details do not mention a salary or the tie in period following the apprenticeship etc. but it is a way to get some experience?

HYG:
This opportunity offers a newbie a way into the industry to gain some c+e experience – if done for say 24 months, then would that not be a good approach? The alternative being to go knocking on doors asking for work?

I appreciate that the job details do not mention a salary or the tie in period following the apprenticeship etc. but it is a way to get some experience?

A two year apprentice? which has the superb incentive of working for £7.50 or less for that time, to then go onto the massive £8 odd they pay .
It is a weeks course, and most decent firms give new passes a start and the same money as long term guys …

Beetlejuice:

HYG:

A two year apprentice? which has the superb incentive of working for £7.50 or less for that time, to then go onto the massive £8 odd they pay .
It is a weeks course, and most decent firms give new passes a start and the same money as long term guys …

+1. Stop looking for an easy route all the times folks, pay for the CE yourself. If you can’t afford it straight out, get it on a 0% credit card deal or have a word with PS or something.

Get door knocking and put some effort in. (And stop bloody working for pennies :unamused: ) Start on pennies, stay on pennies.

The job details say the apprenticeship is for 12 months - I was then assuming they would at least expect the person to remain for another 12 months.

As some post on here, that they cannot get work on artics due to the two year experience issue, I was thinking for that reason alone it might work for some.