Class 1 assessment

As above had assessment drive, class 1 yesterday.

Went really well but finding myself itching for another go. Bit of self doubt crept in just before but once I was going it was fine, quite enjoyable.

Was hoping to do my training and test between new year and christmas but of the three training providers I have contacted, one can’t get an extra slot in the test centre as its fully booked, one is closed and the other claims the test centre is shut :open_mouth:

Bit of a pity as my firm has christmas shut down so thought it would be good to use the enforced annual leave constructively.

We have a Christmas shut down. Instructors need a rest too!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have no issues with that Pete :smiley:

That probably doesn’t read well, sorry. Just pointing out that, in common with many organisations, we find it best for all our staff to have the extended Christmas/New Year break.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Years ago I had a test booked for between Christmas & new year only for it to be cancelled again due to weather

So not really a good idea as you may have done all your training or most of only to find test cancelled due to weather

In all fairness that could apply to anytime between December and the end of February

Wish I had extended Christmas leave I get Christmas day off, every other year boxing day off as well. Working everything else. If I’m off boxing day I’m in new years day and vice versa. Don’t go into catering folks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
Wish I had extended Christmas leave I get Christmas day off, every other year boxing day off as well. Working everything else. If I’m off boxing day I’m in new years day and vice versa. Don’t go into catering folks.

Worked in catering for a long time before driving worked many Christmas Day Boxing Day New Years day have done all of those while driving as well

IronEddie:

Retail was the same. Finished Christmas eve evening and back boxing day. Year in year out. Only got 1 off in 15 years, I broke my elbow to do it lol

Its the first time in 5 or 6 years I have had the full week off and its come about due to a job change

I wont have Christmas week off this year as my holiday has been used on training , one good side it’s all probably be ot

Managed to find a training provider who could do the Christmas week.

Unfortunately on the 29/12/17 it snowed enough for the test to be cancelled.

Took my retest yesterday and passed.

Massive thanks to Rob and Laurie at Tockwith Training and would fully recommend them.

Well done! Shame about the 29th, but I guess you’re not too upset now.

Crossroads:
Well done! Shame about the 29th, but I guess you’re not too upset now.

Not at all pal, it wasn’t meant to be that day!