Overly confident

One of our van drivers is having his class 2 paid for by our comany. .good on him, except while having a chat with him today I cant help but be concerned. His attitude is that it’s just a big car and it’ll be easy. I tried giving him the heads up on gearboxes and mirrors and got back…I ride motorbikes so I’m ok with mirrors. If I wasn’t I’d get killed.

His just seemed to have very little respect for the size of the vehicle he will be driving and the dangers. It makes me wonder if so many new hgv drivers think like this and how badly it could end for them or some one involved with there actions.

When he fails it’ll give him the kick he needs…

It will soon bite him back ,

Less worried about him passing and more worried about when he gets it wrong. We had one at my last place, gave it the big well I have a class 1 yadda yadda. Then he ran over and pinned a cyclist under the rear wheels of the wagon. Can be very costly

Aurri:
Less worried about him passing and more worried about when he gets it wrong. We had one at my last place, gave it the big well I have a class 1 yadda yadda. Then he ran over and pinned a cyclist under the rear wheels of the wagon. Can be very costly

Should have got a pay rise.

Hopefully actually driving one for the first time will change his attitude.

Probably rides his bike like a bit of a knob to.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I remember when I went for my bus license, I knew it would take some getting used to but I didn’t think it would be too difficult as I’d moved a few cabs around a yard I used to work in. As soon as I got in the driving seat, it threw me completely.

As others have said hopefully things will change when he gets behind the wheel.

If that’s his attitude, only a dose of reality is likely to change it.

Hopefully it will be little things like clipping kerbs and posts which will damage the ego more than they damage the truck. Then it might begin to dawn on him that HGVs bite if you don’t treat them with respect.