Work possibility in West York

Hi all. I’m currently looking at a career change and after many years of mental debate I’m homing in on getting my Cat C license. I’ve checked out a few driving schools (with varying results) but the main concern I have is getting a reasonable job after (hopefully) passing my test. I’m looking at a pay cut but I’ve got my head around. I live just outside of Wakefield near to where the M1 & M62 meet. I know there’s a lot of distribution within a fairly short drive. Can anybody tell me if the are decent opportunities in this area? I’m not asking for a promise just an idea of how likely it would be to get decent work. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plenty of companies in and around Normanton. Try Bidvest. Hard graft but I know a couple work there and say money is OK.

Our of interest… What company you going to use for training? PM me if you rather talk private.

Plenty of jobs around wakefield/Normanton/castleford area. Your close to me.
I used L&T transport in fitzwilliam. Passed both 1st time.
It’s just like finding another other job. It won’t come to you.

jamieh1990:
Plenty of jobs around wakefield/Normanton/castleford area. Your close to me.
I used L&T transport in fitzwilliam. Passed both 1st time.
It’s just like finding another other job. It won’t come to you.

Thanks for comments. I know I’ll need to be proactive to get a decent job but after the last 5 years of instability in my current industry I’m already being proactive at looking at a career change which is daunting but might turn out to be the best thing I ever do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’re in a decent part of the country for lgv driving jobs. I know most arnt best paid but you have to start some were I guess. Good luck on what ever you do fella.