First Class 2 Job

Hi all !
I am new to the industry with no experience yet, and I have a question.
I was offered a job as a Class 2 driver (direct employer, not an agency), for 9.25ph. They said it would be minimum of 55 hours across 5 days (upto 70 hours during busy periods). The depot is located about 10 minutes away from my house, so that is another bonus.
I would like to ask you guys, is it good opportunity ? I mean as an unexperienced driver, could i expect more or is it good chance to start in driving industry?
I have seen lots of job adverts (mainly agencies) for 10 pounds +/ph but I would like to find out is it worth to risk it with agencies, or is it better to go directly with a haulage company ?
BTW, this is rate offered in Leicestershire, so I’d love to hear your opinions and help newbie to make a right decision.
Many thanks in advance for all replies.
Regards

I did a weeks work last week under agency. got Messed about by agency and company. So am waiting for perm job with a decent company. Got an interview Wednesday for john lewis!

I realised there was a reason why agencies always have work for same companies. Its not because of a shortage of drivers its because the work is ■■■■ or they treat you like ■■■■.

As a first time driver I wasn’t even shown things like curtains or tail lift etc so was thrown in the deep end but got on with it. But the drops I got I was promised the places I was dropping to had forklifts etc and would be easy. It wasn’t. Had to handball 10 tonne dogfood all by myself. I was half tempted to take lorry back and not deliver but thats not me. So yeah literally just a dogs body if your agency from my experience like last week.

robbeh:
I did a weeks work last week under agency. got Messed about by agency and company. So am waiting for perm job with a decent company. Got an interview Wednesday for john lewis!

So as I expected, better to stay away from agencies. Thanks for the reply and good luck at an interview

robbeh:

I realised there was a reason why agencies always have work for same companies. Its not because of a shortage of drivers its because the work is [zb] or they treat you like [zb].

As a first time driver I wasn’t even shown things like curtains or tail lift etc so was thrown in the deep end but got on with it. But the drops I got I was promised the places I was dropping to had forklifts etc and would be easy. It wasn’t. Had to handball 10 tonne dogfood all by myself. I was half tempted to take lorry back and not deliver but thats not me. So yeah literally just a dogs body if your agency from my experience like last week.

Who was that on for ?