got a job

Been offered a class 2 job today (only passed 2 weeks back)on the downside its only £7.00ph flat,no overtime rate :frowning:
been looking around and driver hire is £8.25ph plus overtime rate of £10.25ph question is do i take the full time job or sign up for agency

nozz:
Been offered a class 2 job today (only passed 2 weeks back)on the downside its only £7.00ph flat,no overtime rate :frowning:
been looking around and driver hire is £8.25ph plus overtime rate of £10.25ph question is do i take the full time job or sign up for agency

to be honest fella with the downtime after xmas take it with both hands and crack the whip do an extra hour a day don’t carve the job up and get some experience under your belt … at the same time keep looking for another FULL time position and don’t be put off by saying NO :wink: when they want to abuse you

they said i could try it for a couple of weeks and if i dont like it i can walk away no hard feelings,

Take the full time job.
Do it really well - keep the truck clean, undamaged, be pleasant to the customers, always be on time, be smart, smile
Get yourself into a position where they cant manage without you
Go for a rise
And, if all this fails, keep looking for another job cos £7hr is taking the whotsit.

But IMO this is better than agency that will probably dump you in January.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

think im going to give it a try for a couple of weeks see what its like,unless i get any more offers before :smiley: :smiley: