Spare driver

Hi ladies and gentlemen. I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section.I need some advice, I work for a company through an agency as a class 2 driver.

It is a good place to work at but sometimes instead of being sent out on runs they will put me down as a spare driver and being a spare driver they want me to do warehouse work for 8+ hours unless something happens and they want me to drive somewhere else.

I am tired of this, I can do an hour of warehouse work but I can’t do the full shift and am planning on letting them know that I saved up money and time to be a driver because I was tired of doing warehouse work, so don’t tell me to do warehouse work or don’t book me as a spare.

Any thoughts or similar experiences.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do the same. I became a driver being tired of warehouse job. And I don’t want to do it any more. Speak to them. Tell them about it. If they can’t make you busy giving you driving job then go and find some decent company which will do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Your a driver not a dogs body tell them use you for your skills or lose you

One question ? are you still being paid class 2 rate ?
If yes , be a lazy warehouse dogs body and they’ll soon put you on the road
If no tell agency and firm to jog on

Unfortunately it can be extremely useful to have a driver on standby in the office, yes it can be soul destroying and boring, but from an operational perspective it makes good sense.
I used to be put in this position regularly, as I could drive any vehicle and was willing to pull any trailer and do any of the vast array of work that this company offered.
Luckily for me most of the downtime from driving was spent loading trailers with the forklift or shunting trailers with a tractor and dolly(great fun if you’ve never tried it)

My advice to you would be, make the most of getting paid drivers wages to do bugger all, or approach the client or agency pointing out that doing this is of no interest to you and say you either drive full time or you’ll find something else.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Luke81:
I would do the same. I became a driver being tired of warehouse job. And I don’t want to do it any more. Speak to them. Tell them about it. If they can’t make you busy giving you driving job then go and find some decent company which will do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

blue estate:
One question ? are you still being paid class 2 rate ?
If yes , be a lazy warehouse dogs body and they’ll soon put you on the road
If no tell agency and firm to jog on

Yes they pay me class 2 rate but the thing is spending the whole day doing something you don’t want, they say look busy lol.

Ticktock66:
Your a driver not a dogs body tell them use you for your skills or lose you

Thanks

Chunkzilla:
Unfortunately it can be extremely useful to have a driver on standby in the office, yes it can be soul destroying and boring, but from an operational perspective it makes good sense.
I used to be put in this position regularly, as I could drive any vehicle and was willing to pull any trailer and do any of the vast array of work that this company offered.
Luckily for me most of the downtime from driving was spent loading trailers with the forklift or shunting trailers with a tractor and dolly(great fun if you’ve never tried it)

My advice to you would be, make the most of getting paid drivers wages to do bugger all, or approach the client or agency pointing out that doing this is of no interest to you and say you either drive full time or you’ll find something else.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Your reply was just telling everyone how good u want us all to believe u are, in other words me,me,me,me,me.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

You shouldn’t be doing this - they say it’s short of drivers and they waste our skills in making us do warehouse … No license required just arms … Put your foot down!!! Good luck

Youre agency. Tell the agency you dont do warehouse work so not to offer you shifts at that company as youre not doing them.