Can you guys help please

Am a newly qualified driver with both class 2/1 (back to back). Am not a fan of agency, i personally think they waste of space but I have tried. I believed the stories about the shortage of drivers. Now i’ve come to realise the true, that industry not short of driver and they refusal of new, young and inexperienced driver is the problem.
I thought having both class 2 and 1 was guaranteed work because of all the story about the shortage. That was laughable.

A quick chat with agency

Me. Hi am newly qualified driver looking for class 2/1 work.
Agency. Do you experience in driver van or 7.5 ton
Me. No i’ve just pass my test back to back. Straight out of warehouse driving forklifts.
Agency. Am sorry mate i cant help at this point.
Me. Am confessed. Am hearing alot of stories about shortage of driver.
Agency. Yes that true, we have shortage but companies only ask for experienced driver. It’s hard getting experienced driver and harder for new driver to get in.
Me. Any advice.
Agency. Call me next week

I have 2 question?

Do you guys know any companies in birmingham or outside birmingham that take and train new driver on?
Can you give me a list i will try them

Why do we hear so many bs stories about shortage?

Don’t you drive your girlfriends 7.5 horsebox for her? :wink:

i should driver 7.5 ton. Its feel like i wasted 3000 on class 2 and 1. Sorry about the previous message

Moreno33:

Evil8Beezle:

If you cant help f off

Excuse me but that member was trying to help you …

He was saying that you could tell a little porkie in regards to large vehicle driving experience which cannot checked on …

Did you notice the WINK emoticon ?

ADD - telling other members to ‘F’ OFF is not what we tend to do here - well, not without getting attention from the moderators !!

Perhaps you should have asked a question as to what they meant by their post ?

Moreno33:

Evil8Beezle:

If you cant help f off

Wow someone’s touchy…it was a euthanism from Evil8Beezle,he wasn’t suggesting something that may help.

ROG:

Moreno33:

Evil8Beezle:

If you cant help f off

Excuse me but that member was trying to help you …

He was saying that you could tell a little porkie in regards to large vehicle driving experience which cannot checked on …

Did you notice the WINK emoticon ?

ADD - telling other members to ‘F’ OFF is not what we tend to do here - well, not without getting attention from the moderators !!

Perhaps you should have asked a question as to what they meant by their post ?

I misunderstood the quote. I really sorry.

I asked help for reason
I just wanna know companies in the birmingham area and outside who take and train people on class 2/1.
I pay 3000 for class 2 and 1. I wanna do what i pay for. Anyjob, anytime and anywhere.

I know you don’t like agency but you got to take what you can get. It doesn’t matter if you got Class 1 or not, whatever job they give you, go do it. It may ■■■■ but its experience and thats what companies want. Plus, since you’re on agency you can turn around and say that you don’t want that gig again if it was really bad. Failing that, get your skates on and hit up the industrial estates. Walk in and ask to speak to the TM, ask him direct if he has any work going.

WOW! :open_mouth:

As ROG says, I was making a suggestion to give your CV a little experience. Yes it’s a porky, but as long as you don’t overplay it, it should aid with you getting a start, even if it’s just class 2 work. I’d say oversized VAN driving, but I don’t want to upset you again! :laughing:
Chill out pal…

Evil8Beezle:

As ROG says, I was making a suggestion to give your CV a little experience. Yes it’s a porky, but as long as you don’t overplay it, it should aid with you getting a start, even if it’s just class 2 work. I’d say oversized VAN driving, but I don’t want to upset you again! :laughing:
Chill out pal…

Its my fault i misunderstood your message sorry again

Weren’t you driving a scaffolders bin around last?

Radar19:
Weren’t you driving a scaffolders bin around last?

Until yesterday yes, but I’m back on the Artic’s this coming week.
I’m a slag and go where the money is pal, I’m not bothered what I drive…

Moreno33:
Am a newly qualified driver with both class 2/1 (back to back). Am not a fan of agency, i personally think they waste of space but I have tried. I believed the stories about the shortage of drivers. Now i’ve come to realise the true, that industry not short of driver and they refusal of new, young and inexperienced driver is the problem.
I thought having both class 2 and 1 was guaranteed work because of all the story about the shortage. That was laughable.

A quick chat with agency

Me. Hi am newly qualified driver looking for class 2/1 work.
Agency. Do you experience in driver van or 7.5 ton
Me. No i’ve just pass my test back to back. Straight out of warehouse driving forklifts.
Agency. Am sorry mate i cant help at this point.
Me. Am confessed. Am hearing alot of stories about shortage of driver.
Agency. Yes that true, we have shortage but companies only ask for experienced driver. It’s hard getting experienced driver and harder for new driver to get in.
Me. Any advice.
Agency. Call me next week

I have 2 question?

Do you guys know any companies in birmingham or outside birmingham that take and train new driver on?
Can you give me a list i will try them

Why do we hear so many bs stories about shortage?

Try Birds at Oldbury - They are struggling to get drivers and have given quite a few new lads a start. DO NOT send your CV - Get in your car with all of your gear and go in and see them face to face - Its the only way. Good luck

Try logistics companies they seem the most desperate ,I am 4 weeks in on my 2nd agency job delivering for home base it’s ok not all multi drops are hard , I am starting driving cement mixer next week full time direct job, like I have mentioned before sign up to reed and keep firing out the applications even for ones asking for experience keep trying that job well come

Moreno33:

Evil8Beezle:

Chill out pal…

Its my fault i misunderstood your message sorry again

No worries, just try not to jump to conclusions mate, it won’t help you through life, let alone an interview! :laughing:
It’s generally best to politely ask people to qualify their position or opinion, and WE ALL learn by those mistakes! :blush:

Agencies tend to give the new starters all the crap jobs no one else wants. If you turn up on time, do the job properly etc. etc. then you’ll start being given the decent gigs. This may take a little time and it does seem like a waste of money, but stick with it, it’ll get better. Plus, it’s all experience.
If you can, try popping round to prospective employers too. No harm in having a plan B.
Good luck.
Cavey.

Nothing wrong with agency work.

You have to take what’s there for the experience and trust.

I’ve driven all sorts just for the work and to get my foot in the door on some blue chip contracts.

Some jobs lead to better jobs ie 7.5t to class 2 then class 1.
Its a pecking order and at the moment your at the bottom.

Keep plugging at it and your rewards will come.

Shaunb:
Try logistics companies they seem the most desperate ,I am 4 weeks in on my 2nd agency job delivering for home base it’s ok not all multi drops are hard , I am starting driving cement mixer next week full time direct job, like I have mentioned before sign up to reed and keep firing out the applications even for ones asking for experience keep trying that job well come

How do you know who desperate?

Thank for advice

P&H in Coventry are always recruiting and will take on newly passed.

Sorry as I am not a guy I can’t possibly answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xichrisxi:
P&H in Coventry are always recruiting and will take on newly passed.

I give them a try
Thank