Can you guys help please

animal:
Sorry as I am not a guy I can’t possibly answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s never stopped you dishing it out before Ang :wink: :grimacing:

nick2008:

animal:
Sorry as I am not a guy I can’t possibly answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s never stopped you dishing it out before Ang :wink: :grimacing:

As you know I am the one with the biggest balls :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Do what I did get your gear in the car look up all the haulage / transport firms in your area go visit them ask speak to them in person as you never know

Do not send CV on an E mail as they won’t be read

I want two agency today. Both called for class 1 work.
The first agency say they’ll call me if the company say yes
The second agency sounded good at first. The company wants new passes, asked for everything even a pic of my sat nav (yea tom tom sat nav) and he’ll call soon. Then called 5 min later asking if i wanted to do 7.5 ton with handball, i say okay.
Got my hopes up for class 1 work. Bartards

You’re untested, Unknown so you’ll always get the crap that no one wants. By all means keep trying for class 1 stuff but don’t dismiss other work. The more you help the agency out of s hole, the higher up the list you’ll climb. Do it enough and you’ll soon find yourself the first port of call when the good stuff comes up.

Radar19:
You’re untested, Unknown so you’ll always get the crap that no one wants. By all means keep trying for class 1 stuff but don’t dismiss other work. The more you help the agency out of s hole, the higher up the list you’ll climb. Do it enough and you’ll soon find yourself the first port of call when the good stuff comes up.

+1

If you can get in at an agency I would suggest that is the bet way to go for a month or two.

With agencies you get to look at a load of different companies before deciding which one you fancy applying for. Also, they see what you’re about and get a good idea if you’re any good or not. If you are then they’ll be happy to take you on without the desired 2 years experience.

The other plus side about agency work is that you are on an hourly rate. OK, it might only be £9 and hour or so but quite often you can earn more than their regular drivers.

I know when I worked for an agency in Grimsby the local lads were getting about £450 fixed rate for a week and I was earning £500 for only slightly more hours. (top line obviously)

goshow:
If you can get in at an agency I would suggest that is the bet way to go for a month or two.

With agencies you get to look at a load of different companies before deciding which one you fancy applying for. Also, they see what you’re about and get a good idea if you’re any good or not. If you are then they’ll be happy to take you on without the desired 2 years experience.

The other plus side about agency work is that you are on an hourly rate. OK, it might only be £9 and hour or so but quite often you can earn more than their regular drivers.

I know when I worked for an agency in Grimsby the local lads were getting about £450 fixed rate for a week and I was earning £500 for only slightly more hours. (top line obviously)

I may hate them. Am not going to say no to job while am inexperienced. Am knocking company doors too.

Thank for advice

Radar19:

I respect that i and other new driver have to do the crap work and make our way up to the top.
The agency guy did say to me today “Once the work pick up companies not give a crap about experience” say alot about the industry

Moreno33:
I respect that i and other new driver have to do the crap work and make our way up to the top.
The agency guy did say to me today “Once the work pick up companies not give a crap about experience” say alot about the industry

The “work to pick up” line is them probably blowing smoke up your arse!
The truth is that it’s all about YOU proving to THEM, that they can trust you to send you on other better work…

Best of luck! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Moreno33:

The “work to pick up” line is them probably blowing smoke up your arse!
The truth is that it’s all about YOU proving to THEM, that they can trust you to send you on other better work…

Best of luck! :smiley:

I understand.
Thank you

No offence but maybe some thought here

If I came to you for a job remember you have never seen me before know nothing about me why would you trust me with 50k worth of unit ( could be more could be less ) then said trailer as well as all the contents would you be happy to just give me the keys :question: :bulb:

It may pick up about september / October

I applied for birds, Gregory Distribution, eddie, aspray24 and culina group all by application form.I’ve been calling agency too. Now am just waiting.
Any driving job is better no job. Am thinking of going back to forklift driver if i not get anywhere with hgv’s

animal:
No offence but maybe some thought here

If I came to you for a job remember you have never seen me before know nothing about me why would you trust me with 50k worth of unit ( could be more could be less ) then said trailer as well as all the contents would you be happy to just give me the keys :question: :bulb:

It may pick up about september / October

I understand what you saying but we all have to start somewhere. If all employers never trusted all new drivers. I think the industry would be dead not short.

I’m in the same predicament as Moreno , did 2/1 back to back signed on with a couple of agencies ( total messers ) applied for loads of jobs and padded my cv a bit and have had absolutely zero feedback. Seriously thinking about giving up the dream and sticking with my job that I’ve been doing for 13 years ( which I HATE) and just to add I live in the so called prosperous south. Rant over

jeffeddie:
I’m in the same predicament as Moreno , did 2/1 back to back signed on with a couple of agencies ( total messers ) applied for loads of jobs and padded my cv a bit and have had absolutely zero feedback. Seriously thinking about giving up the dream and sticking with my job that I’ve been doing for 13 years ( which I HATE) and just to add I live in the so called prosperous south. Rant over

Sorry but you are not trying hard enough or saying the right things…
Just because you are class 1, are you saying an agency doesn’t have the right to test you first in something you may consider below you, and you need to prove your worth? Just a guess! :wink:

Sorry, but I don’t believe you can’t get work…

Evil8Beezle:

jeffeddie:

Just because you are class 1, are you saying an agency doesn’t have the right to test you first in something you may consider below you, and you need to prove your worth? Just a guess! :wink:

Am gonna take any job given. I paid 3000 and am not going to waste it. There are jobs but you have to keep knocking on all doors. Call companies not just agencies
If you get 7.5 ton take it. If you get class 2 take it because after 1or 2 years of experience. Every one of these companies and agencies will be sucking your ■■■■. That a fact.
My final opinion is to take a job that far away with brakes if i not get anything this week.

Moreno33:

Evil8Beezle:

jeffeddie:

Am gonna take any job given. I paid 3000 and am not going to waste it. There are jobs but you have to keep knocking on all doors. Call companies not just agencies
If you get 7.5 ton take it. If you get class 2 take it because after 1or 2 years of experience. Every one of these companies and agencies will be sucking your ■■■■. That a fact.
My final opinion is to take a job that far away with brakes if i not get anything this week.

I’d say accept 7.5t for a month without incident and then be asking for class 2 work, then 3-6 months later be expecting a class 1 shot.
I say prove yourself and set reasonable goals, it’s not uncommon to exceed the above…

when i passed i did my 2 then 1 back to back. (2 weeks between) i phoned all the local companies explained i was a new pass and that i had 3 points and an insurance claim. was honest with them. got 2 knock backs then 2 companies gave me driving assessments. ive been in work since with the same company.

in my experience its best to rock up and say “hiya. you got a job” they can only say no. my image goes against me as well. ive got 9 facial piercings long hair and a long beard. i do not look proffessional in any sense. but a bit of cheek and a smile can take you a long way.

i passed in august and since then ive done class 2 and class 1 pallet multidrop (some to private houses) ive driven curtain siders fridges box trailers urbans and rear steer on general haulage. ill be pulling a flat in the next few weeks. all with the same company full time permanant work. just goes to show that once youre in youre in. but you will find it a lot easier to find work once youre in work. just persevere and youll get there :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No disrespect to evil but u don’t know me , first off I hav’nt even had the offer of an assessment let alone any work , and a day here and there isn’t any good to me . The two agency’s I spoke to r just full of ■■■■ ( promising everything and delivering nothing) maybe there not all like that but these to were and could u expand on not saying the right thing coz I don’t know what that’s suppose to mean. Your probably right in the respect that I haven’t been trying hard enough but I’m in the fortunate position that I don’t have to take any old crap

Well old crap leads to good crap.

I took on two lads under 25 ex Army, both were doing crap (non HGV) jobs whilst looking for something better (ie us :laughing: ). One was doing some agency yard work at another firm - good attitude all round, rest is history. Evil’s right IMO.