Anyone Birmingham area used doctors on wheels recently?

Medical booked with them for Tuesday. The directions are a little sketchy and I wouldn’t mind some extra detail from. Someone who’s used them.

Far as I know it’s the gate opposite house 398 on Garrets green lane. But then what?

Ta.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I believe they turn up in a van or camper type vehicle. Well established though a bit “rough and ready” so nothing to worry about.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I’ve heard that about the camper van, suppose they are doctors on wheels. Guess it’ll be easy enough to spot once there.

It’s houses one side and industrial the other looking at Google maps. Presume they’ll be outside one of the units or have an agreement to borrow someone’s car park.

Used them before…its rough n ready but it does the job so I’ve got no complaints at all.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

pbc453:
Used them before…its rough n ready but it does the job so I’ve got no complaints at all.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Can’t argue with what they charge. GP wanted £100 plus VAT

I used them last year, it done the job and a lot cheaper than what the doctors would charge.

J Coates usually have trucks parked there as they use the yard too

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

andyf3110:
I used them last year, it done the job and a lot cheaper than what the doctors would charge.

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

I think that J Coates and Doctors on wheels are financially linked

ROG:

andyf3110:

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

Ah so I’ll know I’m in the right place if if I’m seeing J Coates trucks to, that’s handy.

Did you park in the yard or on the road outside?

I use DOW all the time, its an efficient and good service.
If you get there early, the Doctor may see you early, which will free up his/her schedule.
You can’t miss the big van.
If you do not wear glasses for driving, you read a row of small letters, while covering either eye with your hand.
Take the details of any prescription medicine and the dosage.
If posting the medical/license to DVLA, I recommend the £7 tracking ,guaranteed delivery by 13.00 next day.
There is no requirements to provide an urine sample, unless you are taking the ■■■■.

toby1234abc:
I use DOW all the time, its an efficient and good service.
If you get there early, the Doctor may see you early, which will free up his/her schedule.
You can’t miss the big van.
If you do not wear glasses for driving, you read a row of small letters, while covering either eye with your hand.
Take the details of any prescription medicine and the dosage.
If posting the medical/license to DVLA, I recommend the £7 tracking ,guaranteed delivery by 13.00 next day.
There is no requirements to provide an urine sample, unless you are taking the ■■■■.

Cheers

IronEddie:

ROG:

andyf3110:

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

Ah so I’ll know I’m in the right place if if I’m seeing J Coates trucks to, that’s handy.

If you are on the Garrets Green road coming from the McDonalds roundabout, you pass the main entrance to Garrets Green Trading estate and on your left you will see a blue fence. Turn left just before the bus stop, down the small hill and the van will be parked there.
You can park right net to the van, there is plenty of space there.
As mentioned if you get there early they may well see you early, i got there 15 minutes early and was seen straight away

andyf3110:

IronEddie:

ROG:

andyf3110:

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

If you are on the Garrets Green road coming from the McDonalds roundabout, you pass the main entrance to Garrets Green Trading estate and on your left you will see a blue fence. Turn left just before the bus stop, down the small hill and the van will be parked there.
You can park right net to the van, there is plenty of space there.
As mentioned if you get there early they may well see you early, i got there 15 minutes early and was seen straight away

Excellent thank you.

ROG:

andyf3110:

HRS Business Park
Garrett’s Green Lane
Garrett’s Green
Birmingham
B33 0UE

Yes i would guess so, i done my class 2 with J Coates from Garrets green and they included the medical with DOW as part of the initial package

The LGV medical takes only a few minutes, take some Sellotape to seal up the back of the envelope if sending it off to the DVLA, and a black Biro pen, to fill in parts of the medical if needed to do so, after seeing the Doctor .
I always write my address on the back of the envelope, in case it goes missing in the Post Office system .
Before posting it, make sure all the required questions have been filled in, do this before leaving, after seeing the Doctor, he or she will not object to checking it again for you .

Medical done n dusted. Incredibly quick. Would recommend doctors on wheels, the guy even said my blood pressure was one of the good ones.