Training Providers Contracts

Hi,

Currently, awaiting for my license to be returned with CAT C so I can book my theory and hazard tests. I am shopping about for a training provider.

Some of them state that they have a database of jobs available, some state they actually have contracts with companies like DFS, DHL, Royal Mail etc? Is this just a marketing gimmick to sign u up? He also mentioned nowadays they DO NOT look for 18 months experience for insurance purposes as they are crying out for drivers? Some guarantee job interviews?

Is there a driver shortage like they claim?

I wouldn’t say there is a driver shortage however as a new pass I am getting interviews without to much effort so there are jobs out there for newbies. The “better” ones will still want the experience though.

Its easy to guarantee an interview, doesnt mean there is a job at the end of it no matter how well you do.

Regards picking a trainer do an assessment drive. They are not much in the scheme of things and worth it to get a feel. Most places will take it off the bill if you then book.

Good luck

1st thing 1st where are you located ?
2nd there’s at least 3 driving schools that are forum members Peter Smythe being one
3rd don’t believe the bull you’ve read about schools having links , if they do you’ll be slave labour for said companies

kcrussell25:
I wouldn’t say there is a driver shortage however as a new pass I am getting interviews without to much effort so there are jobs out there for newbies. The “better” ones will still want the experience though.

Its easy to guarantee an interview, doesn’t mean there is a job at the end of it no matter how well you do.

Good stuff, how long after passing did you get your first interview was it yourself or through your training provider? Yeah, a lot of employers state for insurance purposes you must be over 25 and have less than 6 points on license have have a minimum of 18 months experience, however this is a conflict to what the training providers are telling me? They said they used to want 18 months experience not anymore because of the 60,000 UK shortage?

blue estate:
1st thing 1st where are you located ?
2nd there’s at least 3 driving schools that are forum members Peter Smythe being one
3rd don’t believe the bull you’ve read about schools having links , if they do you’ll be slave labour for said companies

Scotland, Glasgow
Any idea about GTG Glasgow?

Seems from your posts that you have been speaking to brokers and not proper training schools !!

I’m learning myself and out of curiosity I’ve had a scout on some job boards. Seen plenty as you say that want over 25s and not over 6 points which is understandable. I have however seen a fair few adverts which explicitly state they’ll consider new passes.

I’m personally not to worried about finding jobs to apply for. Plus there’s the agency option. Once I’ve got my license.

I’ve only had brokers promise interviews. I’ll be using one of two local firms instead, not sure which yet!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We never make any claim to being able to provide interviews or jobs. Having been established many (since 1984) years, employers do contact us from time to time asking for the best of our crop. This, however, is not all the time and is rarely mentioned unless we’re asked.

Ask yourself a simple question: if a trainer or broker promises you work at XYZ, is there not a time when they have enough drivers? What happens then?

I believe we offer absolutely top class training and facilities at a fair price. We frequently have “silly” promotions on Trucknet just to make life interesting. The current offer is a complete Starter Pack for just £200. Madness!!

Folks come to us from all over the UK as they know what they’ll get. You wont have to look far on the forum to find current recommendations and that means a lot.

Any questions, fire away, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Braveheart2009:

kcrussell25:

Its easy to guarantee an interview, doesn’t mean there is a job at the end of it no matter how well you do.

Good stuff, how long after passing did you get your first interview was it yourself or through your training provider? Yeah, a lot of employers state for insurance purposes you must be over 25 and have less than 6 points on license have have a minimum of 18 months experience, however this is a conflict to what the training providers are telling me? They said they used to want 18 months experience not anymore because of the 60,000 UK shortage?

3 weeks by myself. Saw a Facebook advert and made the call. He did say it raises the insurance excess as I new but he willing to do it

starter pack for £200? I live in Glasgow so I guess its too far.

Braveheart2009:
starter pack for £200? I live in Glasgow so I guess its too far.

They do residential for the practical training. The hotel not bad and be free for your distance away

Not too far at all!

You’ll need:

Medical
Online theory training
Theory tests x 3
Mod 4 training and test

As you cant reasonably come to the classroom stuff, you can have the above for £200 when you book a CAT C course (residential) for £1260. This includes:

Accommodation
1:1 training in a nearly new vehicle
Fully qualified instructor
Use of private reversing area - - the same one used for your test as it’s also our own private test centre
Test fee
VAT

In other words, no extras. To be clear, everything you need, start to finish, for £1460.

Happy to answer any questions you may have, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Not too far at all!

You’ll need:

Medical
Online theory training
Theory tests x 3
Mod 4 training and test

As you cant reasonably come to the classroom stuff, you can have the above for £200 when you book a CAT C course (residential) for £1260. This includes:

Accommodation
1:1 training in a nearly new vehicle
Fully qualified instructor
Use of private reversing area - - the same one used for your test as it’s also our own private test centre
Test fee
VAT

In other words, no extras. To be clear, everything you need, start to finish, for £1460.

Happy to answer any questions you may have, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete,I’ve been away from truck net for a few months but I’m pleased to see your still sponsoring the forum, it’s just ashame that no other training providers aren’t around to contribute and give members comparisons.

But that’s the way things have gone on here over the last year or so.

See you around

Paul

Peter does your training school accept Independent learning accounts £200 discounts on the course? Some providers do up here in Scotland but few.