no experience jobs

I’m currently doin my c+e course and have 2say things r goin pretty good so far,gt 3days left with test later on the third day.just wanted 2ask if anyone knew of any companies in the highland or moray areas of Scotland that would take on a new driver that’s only if i do pass of course.i understand about the 2year thing but surely someone out there would give a newbie a chance.also i have a Dr10 on my licence (plz dnt tell me how stupid i was 2do that believe me i knw and av neva done it again) however the 10 years will b up at the beginning of nxt month and wondered if this would count against me in tryin 2get job seen as its so close 2 the 10 years.all answers and advice greatly appreciated and thanx in advance :smiley:

davieboy32:
i have a Dr10 on my licence (plz dnt tell me how stupid i was 2do that believe me i knw and av neva done it again) however the 10 years will b up at the beginning of nxt month and wondered if this would count against me in tryin 2get job seen as its so close 2 the 10 years.all answers and advice greatly appreciated and thanx in advance :smiley:

DONT send your licence off to DVLA on the day you pass… keep hold of your certificate, and send them off together on the day your points/ban come off…

You’ll get a clean licence back with your new categories on it!

no problem :slight_smile:

B…

Cheers 4that bit of advice.another day of the course out the way and my instructor seems pretty happy with my driving,just a couple things 2polish up on.with regards 2finding a job from wot i see on here phoning agencies seem 2b way forward for new drivers,although the company i am doin training with actually have there own fleet of lorries so maybe if i pass they might b the best choice 2ask about jobs.

Although the 10 years is completed the points stay on for another year I believe.

mrpj:
Although the 10 years is completed the points stay on for another year I believe.

This is correct it’s eleven years it’s on your licence and it is hard to find work but not impossible trust me you will get there someone will help you just brace yourself for the insults from some on here. See my post Dr10 in this forum

davieboy32:
Cheers 4that bit of advice.another day of the course out the way and my instructor seems pretty happy with my driving,just a couple things 2polish up on.with regards 2finding a job from wot i see on here phoning agencies seem 2b way forward for new drivers,although the company i am doin training with actually have there own fleet of lorries so maybe if i pass they might b the best choice 2ask about jobs.

I know of no agencies that take on with drink drive offences most insurers wont take a risk on it

Driver Hire will put you on there books but and will find you work but it is down to the client not the agency